prologue

WILLOW SIGHS AS SHE WALKS OUT of her bedroom and towards the kitchen. She puts down her coffee cup and lets out a deep breath. It had been a long day at the Hospital and all she wanted to do was take a bubble bath to relax. She's about to do that, when a knock at her stops her. She looks at the time and a frown forms on her features.

She walks towards the door, pulling her bathrobe closer to herself. As she gets closer to the door, she makes sure to pull out the gun from the cupboard next to the door, hiding it behind her back. She opens the door, and she lets out a breath of relief and puts the gun on the table.

"A gun really?" Emily Prentiss asks, making her shrug as she looks at the two FBI Agents at her door step.

"Call it PTSD." Willow muses as she lets them in. "What brings you guys here?"

"It's complicated." Aaron Hotchner says, making Willow smile as she closes the door and leads them into the kitchen. "But you're the only one we could come to."

"Well, I have all evening in front of me." Willow says, as she turns on the coffee machine to make fresh cups for her old co-workers.

"A case took a turn for the worse and for Prentiss' safety, we had to fake her death." Hotch says, and Willow's eyes widen in shock. While she had worked with them, a lot of crazy things had happened, but crazy enough for someone to fake their death, was borderline. "No one else, but JJ knows."

"JJ is back?" Willow asks, making the two nod. "Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do."

"And I'll catch you up. But we were wondering if I could stay here for a bit, before moving to Paris?" Emily asks, making Willow smile softly.

"Of course. Stay as long as you need." She says, making the two agents beam at her.

"I'd love to stay, but I must get back. It was great seeing you, again.." Hotch says, making her smile understandingly. "Prentiss, take care. Let me know as soon as you get to Paris."

"Okay. Thank you, Hotch." Emily sigh as she hugs Hotch, before Willow leads Hotch to the door.

"You better have a permit for that, Willow." Hotch says sternly as he nods at gun that she puts away.

"Of course." Willow chuckles as she crosses her arms over her chest. "It was good seeing you again. How's Jack?"

"Good. He's grown." He says, making her smile. "We'll keep in touch while Prentiss is here. And it would be great, for her sake, if you keep in touch with her, even while she's in Paris. I think she might need someone to talk to."

"Of course. I missed you all, so it would be great." Willow smiles, making him nod before leaving. She returns to see Emily open a bottle of wine, having already taken out two glasses.

"We're going to be spending the whole night up." Emily says with a smile, causing Willow to giggle.

"I'll get the ice cream."