Day 1- Monday; Bug Types from Unova

The next day, Lillie and Gladion got out of the limousine and walked into the schoolyard, where they were greeted by Mallow.

"Alola," Mallow said happily. "What are you doing here Gladion, if you don't mind my asking?"

"Having a break from training and trials," Gladion answered as they made their way into the building. "Lillie and Ash thought it would be a good idea if I attend this week. My mother and Professor Kukui agreed to the idea."

"He and Ash also have a wager going on," Lillie giggled.

"Oh yeah?" Mallow grinned. "What is it?"

"Ash has a week to get me to laugh," Gladion said as they reached the classroom. "Do you know where there are spare desks and chairs?"

"Alola," Kiawe smiled as he stood up from his desk. "Yeah, I know where they are. I'll help you."

"Thanks, Kiawe," Gladion said gratefully as he followed Kiawe out of the classroom, leaving Lillie alone with Mallow.

"So, what does the winner get?" Mallow asked, feeling curious and excited about this "wager" that was going on.

"Whatever the winner wants," Lillie answered. "And Gladion is determined to win."

"Why?"

"Because he has a huge crush on Ash," Lillie answered with a slight giggle. "So, if he wins, he's going to tell Ash he loves him."

Mallow's face immediately filled with joy.

"So, I guess, either way, they'll both win," she said happily.

"What do you mean?" Lillie asked in a curious tone.

"Okay," Mallow said. "Kiawe, Lana, Sophocles and I didn't say anything to you because Ash didn't want to upset you but..."

Flashback:

Ash sat as he watched Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet dance together at their wedding. He was really happy for them, but his heart was hurting, like something was missing. He really wished Gladion was there.

"Hey Ash," Kiawe said, as he, Lana, Sophocles and Mallow sat down with him, having a break from dancing. "Have you seen Lillie?"

"She's talking with her mum about the upcoming Ultra Guardian information," Ash answered as he fiddled with a fork.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sophocles asked as he ate some cake.

"I don't really know," Ash admitted. "Last night, Gladion came to see me and let me know that he was going to participate in more Island Challenges. It was nice that he came to find me and say goodbye, but I can't help but wish he was here. It's like my chest is hurting."

"It sounds like you really like Gladion," Lana said.

"Of course, I like him," Ash answered. "I think he's an amazing trainer and a great person."

Ash's friends smiled.

"No, no Ash," Mallow grinned. "Lana means you like him as in you're in love with him."

Ash stared at his friends in confusion.

I'm in love with Gladion? Ash thought. Then his mind flooded with all the memories of Gladion he had.

Gladion and his Lycanroc battling Blastoise at the markets.

Their first battle at sunrise.

The amazing Z-Move Gladion and his Lycanroc used against Team Rocket.

Suddenly appearing in front of Gladion at Ten Carat Hills, thanks to Nebby.

Learning about Silvally and Ultra Beasts.