Chapter 38

MAYOWA'S POV

After school I drove Dora, her friends and Chisom to the station. Some detectives have been payed to investigate the issue. So we were going in for questioning.

I had to keep my phone on silence because of how Seyi has been calling me nonstop. It's just better I don't communicate with her for the mean time, even if I know she can't possibly do something like that to me.

"Hello kids!" One of the men in a grey top and jeans welcomed as we walked into their office and found ourselves seats.

"Good afternoon" We randomly greeted the two men

"I'm Detective Mike, and this is my colleague, Detective Samuel" Refering to the bald guy beside him, "So without futher delay, lets begin" Taking a seat opposite us.

"Ebube is her name right?" Taking out a pen and a note pad.

"Yes Sir.... Ebube Nnadi" Dora replied

"I guess she most be beautiful to answer such lovely name" The younger detector said, I gave him a dirty look that he didn't notice.

Yeah, she's beautiful..... But that's not your job!!!

"Did Ebube have enemies or people you know highly dislikes her" The bald own asked

"Yes oh, I should start to mention?!" Kemi sharply replys and everyone begins to laugh, except me. I'm not happy.

"Calm down" The detective chuckled, "Dora"

"Yes Sir" Dora answered

"When last did you see Ebu and did she tell you anything the day or some few days before her disappearance?"

"Yes, I and the girls had a sleep over the same day Ebu went to visit Mayo. She came home not so happy complaining about Mayo's friend Seyi. Ebu certainly didn't like Seyi. This all happened on a Saturday, and on Monday after school.... She was no where to be found"

She did that?, Ebu should at least trust me. I love her and not Seyi.

"Why did she visit Mayos house?" The younger detective ask

"Because they are dat___" Kemi said but I cut in, "Because she wanted to cheer me up about something"

Detective Mike curved an evil smile, "What's the something?"

"Not related to this and non of your business" I shot.

What is this mans problem

"Alright so we have Seyi, what's her surname" Detective Samuel penning down her name.

"Her surname is Kayode" I respond dryly

"Any other haters?"

"Yes, there is Yemi and my father" I wrapped my arm round Dora's shoulder as a tear ran down her cheek. That stupid man should better come back so I can turn off his lights.

"Your father??" The both detective chorus

"My father was a___" Trailing off, I pulled her closer to me and she began to sob on my shoulders. I really pity her.

"I'll take it from here" Chisom starts, "So her dad made a nasty love propal to my sister and she completely declined it. Who wouldn't??, that guy is definition of Yuck!!. So he found a lady that Ebu is fully aware of their affair and whatever, so he threatens her about it, even his wife doesn't even know. Mr Detective, could you guys start shopping for jail clothes for him, because he's definitely gonna end up behind bars"

The detectives looked stunned at Chisoms way of talking and probably her accent. They scribbled somethings in their note then turned back to Chisom.