Chapter 12

Above image is the sweet and beautiful Amanda *That smile is exceptional right, no wonder David is obsessing*

*DORA'S POV*

As Mr Odeyemi entered the class while everyone was welcoming super star Mayo, I know certainly that I was screwed. His test, this just makes me hate Kelvin the more, not only did he break my heart, but now he leaves me with no score in one of the most important science subjects.

He shouted his usual sentence, "Order in the classroom!" and all the Mayo fans ran back to their desks. I just bent my head on the desk because I know I am so dead. He acknowledged the presence of his 'best student' and started his walking, his hands behind him, no angel had to tell me he was coming to my direction.

"You didn't do my test" halting beside me as I felt like digging a hole and closing my self in it.

"Sir____"

"______You have no score even if you whine from now till tomorrow" cutting me off and adjusting his old glasses to rest on his huge nose as he walked pass.

God go judge Kelvin and Yemi

Kemi began that her useless laugh that always annoyed me, "Watin dey worry this one"

"I told you that boy will fail you, now you don't have score. Better go and fast and pray so God will break the stony heart of this man" she said in between laughing. I hate when Kemi is right, she always manages to rub it in my face.

"So today we would be working in the lab so everybody grab your lab coats and head to the lab" the yeye man announced. I didn't want to step foot in that lab, after the awful thing that happened in that same lab.

"God is really punishing you oh, you know that Yemi is your lab partner" Kemi reminded me what I had forgotten.

Bad luck just dey follow me like shadow, which sin wey I don commit naa

I hissed and grabbed my lab coat which was in my locker. Ebu walked up to me with a pitiful look on her pretty face.

"Are you okay?, what that man said was rude" Well Ebu, welcome to Naija class, were you get embarrassed by teachers who use the score that determines your future to play tennis.

"That's how they are, just don't fall into any of their traps" she nodded and we both walked out with the rest of the students to the chemistry lab. When Mr Odeyemi felt the class was full, he locked the door with the purpose of punishing the late comers. This man sef dey overdo.

"You'll be walking in pairs, I remembered I paired you all in my last class" He announced making us all stand with our pair and trust me, I didn't move till the snake came to me.

"I can't believe I'm stuck with Dora the explorer" Yemi said.

Where acid dey, make I pour this girl.

"Sir I wasn't paired" Mayo indicated raising his arm, Yemi was boiling within that her dear Mayo wasn't going to be her partner and honestly the look on her face when Mr Odeyemi assigned Mayo to pair with Ebu was priceless.

I could spot like five girls that were eyeing Ebu, is her luck that she got paired with Mr handsome so make they jump for inside lagoon.

"I'm not going to teach the whole world today," Mr Odeyemi began making me roll my eyes because he was going to teach us the whole universe.

"..... I expect partners to study together and gather facts. So your next practical and study will be on hybridization of molecules. You'll present a summary of what you studied and we'll do the practical next class"

I'm now paired with the biggest olodo of our generation. Yemi just scribbled something on a paper and it was kelvins name, does she want to make me angry??, because it's not working.

The annoying teacher turned to the board and wrote, 'hybridization' and turned to us with this evil annoying look when he knows were clueless about the answer.

"who can define this term?"

The class was silent and i just waited for his favorite student to answer, Mayo is a chemistry don, infact he's a don in all the subjects.

"This is the concepts of mixing orbitals into new hybrids orbitals with different energies, shapes and so on" To my surprise it was Ebu. 

Mr Odeyemi looked impressed and we all applauded her, Yemi boiling with anger. After his one hour of boring talk, the class was over, coming to the lab was pretty useless because we didn't to practicals, he just loaded us with assignments which he expected us to do in pairs, me I don't have pair oh.

We headed back to class and luckily, it was free period. Mrs Hamswell our Spanish teacher was on a tour. Yes, our school offers Spanish, what do you expect from a rich school that pays their staffs more than five hundred thousand.

I just sat talking with the twins while the Mayo fans made the whole class noisy, Ebu pressing her phone as she sat beside me.

"Dora you have to let his whole Kelvin stuff go" Femi said

"I've let it go a long time ago"

"Then talk Amanda to stop snubbing David na, the boy has been begging me to beg you"

"Which kin yeye beg" Kemi cut in, " Dora hold your bestfriend ohh, don't allow Davids cute face to blind you"

That's when Amanda walked into the class and came towards us, her beautiful smile on her fine face. Why wouldn't someone beg for this kind of girl.

"Hey girls" grabbing a chair and sitting with us, "I'm having free period too"

"Who you wan lie for?, I know say you come check your crush. He don come back na" Kemi said.

Amanda has a massive crush on Mayo, only we know about it. She's always shy around him and I definitely knew she came because Mayo had returned to school.

"I didn't " she denied, it was written all over her face.

"Amanda, see David that has been killing himself for you and your looking at somebody that is not even looking at your direction" Femi said, her hand on Amanda's shoulder.

I think Amanda shouldn't just accept or even fall for any of the both guys, not that I hate Mayo but if she by mistake just make a move on Mayo.

All the girls for Rosevelts High go join hand beat her, Amanda wey no get mouth... she fit even fight?

"I know this is none of my business but Dora you shouldn't punish David for Kelvins sins.... I think he doesn't deserve that treatment" Ebu spoke, her sweet accent filling our ears.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I love to interact with my readers so do well to comment or send a dm.

If your not a Nigerian and don't understand some certain slangs or sentences, ask me in my dm and I'll break it down for you.

Love you all, stay safe.

Peace out y'll !!!!!!