thirty

my twitter account was suspended a month-ish ago but it's back now! if you guys wanna follow it it's @uiookuglytoday (yes the 'l' in look is an 'i')

also the neighbourhood—one of my favorite artists ever—just put out a song called 'Devils Advocate'. i'm not saying it's fate but...it's fate.

Harry Styles

A five hour drive the next day brought us to Pittsburgh.

Charlotte and I ended up falling asleep upon returning to the hotel after what happened at the venue. We both fell asleep in my room and woke up just minutes before we had to leave for the bus.

She fell asleep again on the bus, in the lounge. There was something about watching the road that she liked, and it caused her to drift into a sleeping state each time. I guess it brought her peace of some sort. I don't get it.

When we got to Pittsburgh, we checked into our hotel. The show wasn't until tomorrow, so she had the day to catch up on sleep.

The same doesn't go for the guys and I, though. We have a busy 24 hours ahead of us.

There's a heist planned, except it's not just gonna be me and the guys. It was organized by some business executive who was involved in this circle we were stuck in and was looking for a quick money grab. Me, the guys, and a few other dudes with criminal pasts were assigned to this.

Those same criminals know about Charlotte and I...which had me slightly worried about how this was going to play out.

The higher powers of this circle don't know that Charlotte knows about what's going on as of right now, so it's not necessarily them who I'm worried about.

It's the lowlifes that do all the dirty work that know. They know she's aware of everything and they know that I've been protecting her from the moment she was attacked in the club bathroom.

I was in my hotel room, sitting on the bed as some old 40's movie played, when I heard a knock at my door.

I grab the remote and shut the tv off and walk my feet along the soft carpet towards the door.

When I opened it, I came face to face with Charlotte. She was wearing a pair of jean shorts and a white tank top. Our eyes met and she gave me a quick smile.

"I got hungry so I was gonna go down to the buffet. Did you wanna come with me?" she asks.

I tilt my head with a slight smirk as I stand in the doorway, holding the door open.

"You want me to come with you?" I question with the intention of teasing her a little.

She rolls her eyes at me, taking her bottom lip between her teeth as she tries to stop a smile from curling onto her lips. "I just was wondering if-"

"Kidding." I chuckle. "I'll come."

She responds with a nod of approval while I quickly turn to grab my key card off of the bedside table.

We head out into the hallway together, walking towards the elevator in silence, but not the type of silence that came with tension between us.

We've actually been pretty comfortable with eachother. It's like there's this new trust between us that's been established.

That's one of the only things I wanted from Charlotte; her trust.

I'm not saying I deserve it, but once I have it fully, I'm not gonna let her down.

At least, I'll try not to.

I, myself, find it hard to trust. It comes from my past. I've found that when I trust someone, I just end up getting fucked over in the end.