nineteen

Charlotte Thompson

He had a really good singing voice. It was raspy, yet effortless. The lyrics flew out of his mouth like it was no problem.

He was actually really gifted.

I watch him bring such a presence to the stage, the fairly small crowd going absolutely wild. I could only imagine what he'd be like in an actual concert.

He was on the second song now. I didn't know what it was called but it was something about someone having his baby.

I looked at the other boys, noticing their sweaty bodies giving their all while they played their instruments behind Harry. 

The stage lights lit up the boys, making them look like novelty rockstars.

All of them have a special talent. It's a shame they don't put it to good use.

I found myself smiling as I watched, which is something I haven't done for a while. I couldn't help it, they were really good.

I'm pretty sure Harry wrote these songs, which makes sense because they're heavily related to sex.

His personality came out in his music. That rough, cocky, intimidating attitude was all expressed in his lyrics and the way he sang them.

When the show finished, I was taken backstage again. I just went to Niall's dressing room because right now he's the one I'm most comfortable with.

I opened the door, seeing him sweaty and shirtless.

He smiled when he saw me. "Hey." he said.

I step in, crossing my arms and smiling. "You guys were...so good." I say.

He laughs. "You think?"

"Yes. I was shocked. Like I knew you guys were musicians, but I didn't know you were actually that talented."

Niall shrugs. "I guess. But hey, don't refer to us as musicians around Harry." Niall cautions. "He hates it. He'd rather be referred to as a criminal."

I scoff and roll my eyes. "He's such a character. Who wants to be called a criminal?"

"People who need that type of validation." Niall smirks, mocking Harry.

I couldn't help but chuckle in response.

Niall was growing on me. Out of the four guys, he was the nicest. He didn't go out of his way to make me uncomfortable unlike some people around here.

He sympathized with my situation. He didn't make me feel bad about it.

It was a nice change from how Harry made me feel.

Niall throws a new shirt on, chugging water from a plastic bottle.

"We should get going. The shuttle is gonna leave soon." he says.

We walk out of his dressing room. As we got entered into the hallway, we bumped into Harry and the other guys, getting ready to leave as well.

I earned a quick glare from Harry, which made me roll my eyes. I don't understand what I did for him to act so coldly towards me.

We squish through backstage, I was walking between Harry and Niall.

But then, a tall man in a dress shirt stops Harry.

Harry's walking comes to a halt, leaving Louis and Liam to walk ahead and the three of us to stay behind.

"Harry Styles?" The man questions, making Harry furrow his brows.