"Thank you Mel," he voiced. "You know I got you Derrick. You good?" She asked, straightening his glasses on his face. "Yeah. Thank you." She smiled walking back to her seat. Robert watched her with intent. So she was actually a sweetheart with morals. I should've never let Robert sit next to me. I just felt his eyes on me for majority of the class. It made me hot. But I had a boyfriend at the time and it wasn't Derrick. It was Devon. "Please take a seat Mr. Collins." "Yes ma'am," Derrick voiced, taking a seat next to Melinda. As class drug on Robert found himself looking at Melinda wondering more on how to get her attention rather than about what the Earth is comprised of.

Melinda found herself drifting off to sleep mid notes. Derrick looked over and poked her with her pencil, waking her up. "What did I miss?" She whispered. Taking his notes out of his binder, Derrick handed her the notes he had finished, picking up on a new page. I don't know why I didn't pick Derrick. He was so sweet to me then. But no I had an image to uphold while keeping Devon a secret. But everyday Derrick looked out for me. But Robert.......Robert was so cocky in a way. I'm not going to say that I wasn't attracted to him. I was. He was handsome. Dark. Full of hope and dreams. The bell rang and Robert ran after Melinda.

"Hey! Mel!" "Melinda. My name is Melinda. I don't know you so don't be calling me Mel." Robert stared at her shocked. "Mel..... ummmm you have my notes still," Derrick interrupted them. "Oh shit my bad D. Here you go." "Thanks.... I'll make you a copy of the other ones if you want. Just let me know," Derrick spoke. "Thank you. What would I do without you?" Derrick chuckled, hiding his smile. "Well I gotta get to my last class. See you later Mel." She waved at him before glaring back at Robert. "Why does he get to call you Mel?" "Because I've known Derrick since freshman year. He happens to be a gentleman.... unlike you."

Robert laughed, dropping his head trying to wipe the smile off his face. "Well my name is Robert Gayle. I'm just now registered to this school." Mel pursed her lips. "What school did you come from?" She asked. "It's a long story. I've bounced around the last couple of years." That was the little bullshit he would do when he was lying. His mother died and he stayed with his aunt. Doing dumb shit like robbing convenience stores. That was red flag number one. "Look just let me get to know you. I can guarantee it'll be worth it. Plus I could help you in this class. I don't know how you're going to pass a class if you sleep through it." Red flag number two.

"I'm good. If I need help I'll ask Derrick. He's going to be valedictorian anyways. Smartest boy in this school," Mel told him, catching him scoff at her comment. "Yeah we'll see if that shit is true on graduation day." She rolled her eyes at him, was that supposed to be cute? Spotting Devon, she pushed her hair behind her ear. "Hey babe," she voiced, walking up to him. "What's up? Who is this?" Melinda shrugged, giving Devon her backpack to hold. "You want me to walk you to last class?" Devon questioned. "Yeah. I'm hungry. Can we stop and grab something to eat before you take me home today?" She asked, not looking back at Robert.

Getting home a little later, she got out of the car, placing a peck on Devon's cheek. June and Brenda walked outside the house. "Ooooooooh. Is that the boy you been sneaking on the phone with at 1am?" Brenda asked. "You know mama is planning on cutting the phone off because of you," June added. "Mama is planning on cutting the phone off because she caught Brenda and Kalvin having phone sex. Mind the business that pays you. Or fucks you. Whichever it is," Melinda snapped back. "Who are you talking to like that!?" Brenda snapped. ".........you? Yeah you." "Mama gonna kick your butt." "Mamagonnakickyourbutt," Melinda mocked. Hated those bitches.

"Why do you always have an attitude? Are you having sex?" "With who June?" "Ummmm the boy you been riding from school with." Melinda groaned as she grabbed a cup of water. "No June. Devon and I just started to get acquainted. I'm not thinking about that right now. I want to graduate high school. I'm just having fun." Brenda crossed her arms across her chest. She didn't believe an single word that came out of her baby sister's mouth. "And what are you going to do when you graduate?" Brenda tossed out. I really didn't know what I wanted to do after that. My sister was expecting me to go to college but I wasn't smart. I never thought go to college.