~sixty six~

"Mumma.."

"Hmm?"

"Mumma.."

"Haan Sona?"

"Mumma! Mumma!"

"Bol Baccha?"

"Yeh yeyo kyun hain?"

Shehnaz turned away from the closet to look at her 2  year and 3 month old. She looked so confused. She had a banana in one hand and a yellow headband in the other. She stood next to her, so small and so sweet, her pink cherry cheeks glowing.

"Kiska baarein mein pooch rahi hain?" She laughed,  looking down at her. She raised the banana up and then the headband. She herself was confused as to which one she wanted to know the answer to.

"Accha woh chod, papa ko bulake la." Shehnaz said, Sona just looked up at her with wide eyes.

"Papa putthu, bahar hain. Bolo mumma ne bulaya." She said, ruffling her hair. She nodded and walked out of the room, Shehnaz sighed and sat in bed, she was extremely tired from all the word she had been doing last week. Sidharth being off for shooting and promotions, Sona now being able to walk and run, and her own shoot, they'd taken a toll on her fully.

Sidharth was shooting for a huge campaign for 'Be a Man', and it was going to one of the biggest Nationwide campaigns. She was so proud of him, he had been shooting for videos of a few inspiring people, and it honestly was one the best things he had ever done. Shehnaz agreed, he was right for the face of it. He was a man. The best kind. She heard a thud and Sidharth yell, and then the sound of Sona's voice crying. She got up and ran out of the room, Sona was right outside, close to the living room, fallen face down.

"Sona! Kaise girr gayi?" She hissed, bending over and picking her up. There was a toy on the floor.

"Dekh ke chalna hota haina putthu." She said, rubbing her head.

"Mumma..." She cried in a screeching voice. Sidharth ran towards them in a hurry.

"Kya hua?" He asked, worry clear on his face.

"Khilona tha. Girr gayi. Lekin kitna strong hain dekh, laga bhi nahi mere putthu ko." She cooed, kissing her cheek and rubbing her head.

"Papa ke paas jaoge? Mumma ice pack laayegi tere liye." Shehnaz asked. She nodded and stretched out her arms towards Sidharth.

"Kya hua sweetheart?" He whispered, she turned into a full on damsel, shoving her face into his neck and crying awfully loud. He kissed her head and rubbed her back. He walked back into the living room and sat her down in his lap. She was facing him, her face shoved into his chest.

"Sar pe laga, baccha?" He said sweetly, trying to pull her head away. Her eyes were water and heavy as she looked up at him with them wide open, innocence dripping out of them. She nodded and then slammed her face into his stomach again.

"Let me give it a kiss." He said, rubbing her back. She pulled her head away and looked at him again and craned her neck up. He chuckled softly and kissed her nose. She frown.

"Papa yaha." She muttered, poking her head.

"Yaha?" He chuckled, kissing her left eyes.

"No." She pouted. He kissed her other eye. She groaned, grabbed his head and stuck her head against his lips.

"Yaah." She said, her voice was adorable, squeaky like a mouse and words still hardly coherent.

"Gaya?" He asked.

"No." She said.

"Ek aur?"

"Uhuh."

He gave a little kiss again, Shehnaz sat down next to them with an ice pack wrapped up in a cloth. Sidharth grabbed it from her and stuck it against her forehead. Sona quickly got distracted, sticking her tongue out in concentration as she scratched at the 'Superdry' on his t-shirt. Shehnaz pushed her hair away, trying to see if there were any bumps or bruises. And then Sona gasped.