~THIRTY EIGHT~

Im not saying it will always be easy because we are human. Two people in love will always have uphill battles but its how you handle those challenges that truly matter.

- Kathryn Vance-Perez

*

****

"The winner, Sidharth Shukla!" Salman announced, handing him the trophy! The confetti flew and there was loud music. There was loud clapping and cheering there.

"Thank you sir!" He grinned, giving him a hug. And then moved to Asad, doing the same.

"Congratulations bro!" Asad exclaimed.

Sidharth looked at his mother, she somehow seemed to know what happened and what was going to happen, she was his mother after-all. She nodded at him, and pressed a kiss to her fingers and spread it out, blowing it out to him, and he smiled at her. His heart raced and his stomach churned. This was it. The contract was declared null and void. Nothing stood in their way. Nothing stood in the way of their announcement. Shehnaz didn't know yet. Neither did she know that he was planning on this. This was the finale. Of the show and their hidden lives. He felt himself choking up and his heart spindling down into his stomach but somehow, throbbing in his throat.

"Uh sir." He said before he could even comprehend what he was doing. He should've thought about what exactly he would say, he should have planned this better. He wanted to puke with the nervousness that took over his entire body, he was cold but sweating at the same time. He didn't know what he would say. He didn't know what he would do.

He looked to the left, Shehnaz was already looking at him, with the smallest smile on her face, with such admiration and revere, but there was also repelling fear in her eyes, he wanted to get rid of that, he would in the next few minutes. Her eyebrows furrowed the slightest bit questioningly, but she grinned, in some way, in some maddening way, the universe seemed to have told her that he needed her and so she placed her hand gently over her heart, something she seemed to do when they were at a distance from each other and needed each other. At that moment he believed that the words would come to him, the affairs of love could never come planned. He looked her in her eyes, they were glistening with pride. And fear. But so much of pride and love. Life was going to play it's cards now. And they'd win. Like he just did.

"M.. mic." He stuttered. His fist clenched around the mic that was placed in his hands. They were sweaty and warm. He wanted to hold her hand and ask her to give him courage and to guide him like she had been. But this was her time to shine. He looked at her once more, her mere face gave him courage to do this. To open up his place of refuge to the world see, his entire heart and life that he kept hidden and safe, locked up with the utmost protection for the world find out. She slightly leaned her head to the side and looked at him questioningly, she didn't know why he was looking at her like that. But he smiled softly. This was it. He brought the mic up, close to his lips and unleashed his soul, it would do that talking, because if she wasn't present next to him physically, she was still there, as a part of his soul, he had already established that his was her, soul and spirit. He breathed deeply and spoke.

"Uhh. First of all! Thank you so much for this!" He said, lifting up the trophy.

"I would like to thank the fans, Salman sir.." he nodded at him, Salman patted his back.

"Uh my family, my co-contestants, some people who worked behind the scenes and made this possible for me. But most of all the fans for their love and their support. Thank you so much!" He smiled.