~FIFTY NINE~

It was September 4th, just the day before, Sona, Shehnaz and Sidharth had gone to get the one month check up for both Sona and Shehnaz. Today, the house was full again. There were people everywhere, the entirety of Shehnaz's family, Sidharth's cousins, and extends family. Shehnaz was asleep with Sona next to her. Sidharth decided to not wake her up till it was absolutely time to. He was signing a few files off, keeping an eye on his chubby little baby. It was her due date today, she was supposed to be born today. But life had other plans and these plans were the absolute best. He could hear the voices outside, he hoped that they'd simmer down because he didn't want them to wake up at any costs. He heard a soft whimper, which he knew by now that it would turn into a loud cry. He put the files aside and got up and walked towards the bed. He slid her hands under her neck and the other under her little bottom and picked her up.

"Shhh..shhh." He hushed, bouncing her in his arms. He knew she wasn't hungry, she was just fed an hour ago, and he knew that she'd fall asleep again if he tried to put her to sleep again.

"Soja sweetheart." He mumbled, swaying from side to side and kissed her forehead. She cried, not very loudly. He covered her little round belly with his palm and patted her, pressing soft kisses to her face. She loved that, and he knew because she gurgled and cooed, her little have smacked onto the side of her face and tried to grip it. He smiled against her forehead and laid down next to Shehnaz, laying Sona on her stomach on his torso. She squirmed and whimpered again and then he felt a hot wet flow of liquid, right on his stomach.

"Princess..." He chuckled, and waiting for her to finish, he sat up and felt it soak into his tracks. He sighed and picked her up. This was inevitable. He was seriously considering switching to diapers completely, now that she was stronger. They put her in one when they went to the doctor, and it was okay, but she squirmed alot. She would need to get used to it. His hand was soaked as he carried her into the bathroom.

"Tujhe potty train karna padega, meri jaan. Uhhh." He mumbled as he untied the nappie. He bent over and kissed her forehead. She was wide awake. The bathroom was somehow her favorite place. She loved it. The patterns on the walls, the soft lights in the ceilings, the fresh smell of the fresheners. She was about to put her fist into her mouth when he urgently pulled it away. She just peed, and wasn't washed. She let out an almost angry shriek, her almost non-existent brows furrowed and her nostrils flared.

"Papa ki sher baccha." He laughed. His little girl, she was him. Except for her lips and eyes. Those were her mother's.

"Shehnaz..." He yelled out, almost reluctantly when she shrieked out a cry. Shehnaz was already half awake when she didn't feel the warm lump of her daughter's body against her. She heard the cry and she yelled out a 'haan', while getting out of bed.

"Paci laa." He said. She picked one up from Sona's cot and walked into the bathroom. She pressed a gentle kiss Sona's little plumpy lips and then pushed the pacifier into her mouth, she calmed down instantly. She kissed Sidharth softly and then leaned against him and watched him wipe off their daughter. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his.

"Let's shower?...No!" He said and then exclaimed when her hands roamed his lower torso. She grimaced at the sticky wetness and looked down and gasped.

"Haaye Rabba! Sona ka samajh mein aata hain, tu ne bhi susu kardiya?" She gasped dramatically, and very seriously, seeing the small darkened patch on the top of his grey sweats.

"Abey gadhi. Chod pehele." He said, exasperated and pushed her hand away from his pants. She bit down on her lip and kissed the skin on his chest, giggling.