Note.

*Hello, just a little clear up before anyone comes at me for the last chapter. Here's a few things that will help you understand it.

My intention was NOT to make Shehnaz look WEAK. I built up on this story from the previous chapters. She acknowledges that when it comes to these people, she can't speak or fight against them. That's not her being weak or dependant on a man, in this case Sidharth. It's her dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, most of know you know it as PTSD, childhood abuse, emotional neglect, physical neglect, emotional abuse, physical abuse, etc., were something that she faced, and barriers to counselling is avoidance and ignorance, trying to not revisit memories, trying to avoid facing confrontation, that's why once she was confronted with the same taunts and words, she panicked.

"One of the most common outcomes of trauma is avoidance, it makes sense. If you experience something traumatic, you want to avoid thinking about it and going to places that remind you of it."

- Dr. Ressler

I wrote about her coping mechanism too, she used to cry and dig her nails into her skin in a dark room. That's a method of self-harm that undermines  the mental part of it, as in she put herself in darkness to cope with the feeling of being alive, because darkness made things surreal for her. Darkness is a void, in cases that I study in my course, our patients lock themselves up in darkness for months together to avoid facing the reality of life. This does not make them weak, it makes them vulnerable and downtrodden. Trauma and stress has no proper treatment, you can get over it, but the memories stay in your head no matter what you do. And when you are faced with that again, you can't speak. So it's okay when sometimes someone stands up for you. I just wanted to clear it up. Shehnaz wasn't weak, she was faced with it all of a sudden which caused panic and fear.

Also the money part, it was self respect. If you want to fight someone, you bruise their self-respect. And that was my intention with giving them money. That's what Sidharth did. I mean idk what else I could have written, or he could have done if not for bruising their self-respect and dignity and close off a chapter in her life, which clearly didn't. I'll focus on that too. But yeah. That was it. He took a stand for her because her mind and her mental state didn't let her. That's all. No one is that strong to walk through this life alone, we always need someone to lean onto.

- Author.