Chapter 18

Klaus's P.O.V

I walked into the guest room and saw Kol with Henrik. My youngest brother turned to me and the look of discomfort on his face broke my heart. Alexandria keeps encouraging me to talk to him, but apparently he only wants to talk to Kol. I don't know what it is about Kol that brings Henrik comfort? Maybe it's the fact that Kol's wild personality hasn't changed in a thousand years.

"Brother!" Kol exclaimed. "I thought you'd be downstairs with your girl while the negotiation of the century unfolded."

"Alexandria can handle the wolves herself, and Marcel seems to still be one of her allies," I replied and looked to my baby brother. "I just came to check on Henrik and make sure he was settling into his new home comfortably."

"I'm doing fine, thanks. You can go now," Henrik brushed me off and Kol looked between us.

I walked into the room a bit more, and Henrik turned around to me. "I don't know what our Mother and brother told you, Henrik, but I'm not the monster they made me out to be," I carefully said to him.

"Why? Because you've found your one true love and she's slowly turning you into a better man," Henrik said sarcastically. "I know I've sided with you against Mother and Finn, but don't think that means I trust you."

I looked down quickly as I thought of the right words to say, without crossing a line and dissolving any chance to earn his trust again. "Then I hope one day I can prove to you that I'm worthy of your trust," I carefully replied. Henrik didn't seem offended by the statement, he only looked me up and down before continuing to look around the room. I made eye contact with Kol and he shrugged.

A vase suddenly flew across the room and shattered against the wall, as all three of us turned to see Finn storming into the room. How the bloody hell did he get in without anyone downstairs noticing? "Where is she?" Finn demanded. Kol was quick to get on his feet as Henrik stood on the other side of him.

"Finn. Please, join us," I greeted him. "My, my you look peaky. Doesn't he look peaky, Kol?"

"He does look peaky," Kol agreed.

"You feeling alright?" I asked Finn, mockingly.

"Don't make me ask again," Finn warned us.

"I assume you're referring to our mother," I said. "Fear not, she's tucked away somewhere perfectly safe. You'll never find her."

"You think you've won," Finn stated. "Let's see how long that arrogance lasts, brother." Finn looked to Henrik, which made my little brother look worried, as Finn walked out of the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex's P.O.V

Both groups were gathered at either end of the table in the courtyard. This was Hayley's pack, and while Charles and I would help her lead from behind the scenes - along with Klaus when it came to his own pack - we decided she should lead the meeting. Hayley and Victor needed to get used to being their leader and not relying on me all the time. Thinking about it though...they've done more than I have in the long run.

"You wolves are here because you want freedom. And, I promise you, if you stay, you will be free." Hayley looked back at Marcel and the vampires, who seemed interested. "But, we need as much help as we can get," She said.

"My vamps and I are willing to stand with you against the witches. In return, all I want is a promise that there will be peace..." Jerick scoffed. "Between our sides after the wedding," Marcel offered.

"You're the one who spent the last one hundred years killing and cursing us," Jerick responded.

"Which means you might wanna listen to what I have to say," Marcel continued.