Chapter 15

Alex's P.O.V

I felt myself being shaken awake and I turned to see it was Klaus. I sat up and looked around for where we were meeting Rebekah. "Are we there?" I asked and Klaus shook his head.

"Not yet, we have about ten more minutes before we get there," Klaus said. I looked in the back to see that Kol was fast asleep on the back seats. I turned back and watched the winding road until I spotted the house. I sat up in my seat as if I planned to jump out of the front window while grabbing onto Klaus's arm.

Before I fell asleep, I told Klaus and Kol about everything discussed in the meeting, and for a brief moment, I saw some sadness wash over Klaus's face. I wonder why though? The pack was getting reunited. Klaus also told me how Elijah was already with Rebekah since Esther did in fact find them. I'm still a little pissed off about that.

All those thoughts were thrown out the window the second I saw Elijah and Rebekah standing in front of the house. The second Klaus parked the car I jumped out, the door slamming behind me and waking up Kol in the process, before speeding up to them. I stood a few feet away as I stared at my twins in their arms.

Rebekah was holding Leo while Elijah held Cordelia. I stood a few feet away from them, and once the initial shock wore off, I began to slowly move towards them. I placed my hand over my mouth as I looked at them. I couldn't believe it. They were here. Right in front of me. Elijah turned Cordelia to me, so I could take her from him. Her mouth opened up as if she was smiling at me. I took her into my arms and held her close to my chest, as the tears fell down my cheeks.

Rebekah then handed Leo to me once I put Cordelia on my hip. I kissed the top of his head as I listened to their heartbeats, and felt their chests move as they breathed. My angels, in my arms where they were always meant to be. Turning around, I saw Klaus staring at us in shock. He was at least a couple of feet away. I saw Cordelia turn her head to him and cooed at the sight of her dad, which made me chuckle. I walked up to him and he looked at them with tears in his eyes. Cordelia lifted her arms towards her dad and he took her from me.

"I think your daughter missed you," I whispered to him and he smiled at her.

Klaus kissed the top of her head while looking at Leo, who moved his little head to look back at his uncles and aunt. I turned around, adjusting Leo on my hip a bit while I looked back at the three originals behind me. It's only then that I noticed the pile of wooden sticks in the yard.

"What's that?" I asked them. Rebekah walked up to me and smiled.

"A bonfire," Rebekah answered, as she rubbed Leo's arm affectionately. "Normally we do it around Christmas time, but since we couldn't all be together last year, I thought we'd do it now." I nodded, happy with the answer, and I looked to Klaus as Rebekah went back to building her fire.

Kol walked up to us and smiled down at our children. Klaus and Kol looked at each other, before he turned Cordelia around to him, for Kol to hold. "Are you sure?" Kol asked. He knew his older brother hadn't seen his daughter and son in months and didn't want to cross any boundaries.

"Well, you are her uncle," Klaus said and Kol nodded before taking her into his arms. Klaus then turned to take Leo and I gave him over to his father. I watched as Leo grabbed onto Klaus' nose and laughed, which caused me to laugh too. I kissed Klaus' cheek before walking over to Rebekah.

I pulled her into a hug, which she returned with a smile. "Thank you for protecting them," I said to her.

"Always," She answered and pulled away.

Kol made his way over to me and handed me my daughter, and I took her without a second thought. I looked over to see Leo and Klaus still standing in the same spot. I walked back over to him and he smiled at me.