Chapter 39

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Outfit Above ^^^)

Cordelia was using my right leg to stand up while Leo used my left. They're going to start walking soon. I had one of my hands behind each of them in case they fell backward. They didn't deserve this and I'm so tempted to pick them up and run, but then my eye catches the diamond ring on my finger. I can't leave Klaus. He's their father and he gets a say.

I was talking to Victor, Daniel, Charles, and Hayley. "Okay. Good news? Dahlia still doesn't know that we're here," I started. "Bad news? Klaus says she's given us until tomorrow night, and then she's coming for Cordelia."

"Well, I still say we should run," Charles stated and I glared at him.

"Look, I'm not leaving Klaus. I get that you don't like or approve of him but he's their father," I told him. "He gets as much as I say I do and I know what'd he say. Not to mention Freya said that Dahlia was drawn to Cordelia's magic. No matter how far we go, she's still gonna be able to track us! At least this place is spelled - no one can do magic here. Not Cordelia or Dahlia."

"Sure, this place is spelled, but we've seen bigger magic than this break," Victor pointed out. Oh please! Not you too. "I agree with Charles. We grab the kids and make our way to Mystic Falls." Victor sat down next to me and I looked at him. "You can call Klaus when we get there because hopefully, he would have defeated Dahlia by then. If not we can ask Bonnie and your brothers for help."

"You're making this case as if they are safer in Mystic Falls, which they aren't, because all of you are forgetting my mother's one of the few merry psycho residents there this year. Not to mention it's a risk either way." I grabbed both of the twins and walked over before placing them in their cribs. "They're just so little. It's not fair - witchcraft, magical spells. They didn't ask for any of this," I sighed while looking down at them.

Suddenly Hayley gasped and moved to stand next to me. I saw that she had an idea forming in her head. "...Which means that they wouldn't miss it if it was gone..." I turned to look at Victor, and see if he had any idea what she was talking about. "Alex, Vic, maybe that's it? Dahlia could only sense them when they're using magic. So, what if there's a way of stopping them from doing it in the first place?" Hayley asked and I frowned.

"They're just babies. How are you gonna do that?" I questioned.

"I have an idea. Although... it's dangerous. Especially now," Hayley replied and Daniel piped up.

"Let me do it," Daniel said and we looked at him.

"Ok," Hayley agreed.

"Wait. What? No-" I said to them. "I'm not running. I've told you all this."

"You have until tomorrow to give my sister over to that lunatic, Mom," Charles stated and I looked at him. "Now I understand you don't want to leave Klaus-" He glanced at the ring on my hand and I rubbed my thumb over it as he came closer to me. "I really do, but this is the only way to keep them safe. Not to mention Hayley has a way of making sure Dahlia can't track us while we're on the move." I looked at all three of them before looking down at the twins.