Chapter 6

Alex's P.O.V

*Flashback 1846*

"Alexandria!" I heard him shout and I kept a hand over my mouth. "I know you're here and I know you took the papers from my desk!" Father yelled. I looked down at the papers lying beside me and the color pencils on top of them. They weren't even his. Damon gave them to me earlier today when I asked if he had any. "Alexandria, I'm getting more impatient and I don't have the time to deal with you! Now come out here and return what you stole!"

I kept my hand over my mouth, silencing myself as he walked by the closet I was hidden in. I only wanted to make my unborn brother a drawing to put in his nursery. Why was father so angry with me? I gasped when the door swung open and looked up to see my father. His eyes were cold along with the stone expression he held in his face. He was breathing heavily and looked to see the paper with the unfinished drawing.

"Come here, you useless girl!" Father growled and grabbed my upper arm as he pulled me out of the closet.

*Present Day*

I woke up with a small gasp and noticed how I was sitting against a tree. I looked down at my wrist to see them tied together. My eyes followed the rope to see it was tied to a tree as I stood up. I tugged at it but it was a tight fit and my head still hurt a bit from getting my neck snapped. Turning back, I saw six dead bodies and Mikael feeding on a seventh. He ripped his mouth from the boy's neck and dropped the body as he turned around to me.

"Ah, you're awake. Finally," Mikael said. I was still shaken up from the dream I had.

"Klaus will find me," I told him, but my voice cracked. That's when I noticed that my emotions had started to come back on. No. I closed my eyes quickly to focus on turning it back off when Mikael sped up to me and held Papa Tunde's blade to my throat. I gulped as I stared at him and more emotions started to come back online. The main one being fear.

"Oh, he will. But, I will be ready," Mikael responded.

"How? I've seen the kind of pain that blade causes." I told him as he grabbed the rope. He was using it as a leash.

"I have fought more pain than anyone, living or dead." He clutched Papa Tunde's blade in one hand. "But, now that I have fed and I am restored." He explained to me and pulled on his makeshift leash causing me to walk forward. "Come along, wolf."

"Why do you need me?" I asked him.

"You, my dear, are leverage, just like the first time we met," He stated and tugged harder as we walked through the woods. "Once I threaten to dismember you in front of him, Klaus will hesitate. And, in that moment of weakness, I shall end him," Mikael said to me.

"This is crazy!" I exclaimed. "The two of you, going round and round trying to kill each other? You're obsessing over the death of someone whose fatal flaw is that he was fathered by another guy!" I yelled at him and it felt good to say it to his face, but he soon became enraged and turned to me.

"Hush! I watched as you talk to Niklaus about your childhood on the other side," I held my breath. "You're as much of a bastard child as him, and when I'm done with Niklaus a shall do the thing your weak father failed to," He threatened and stared at him in fear, before he turned around and tugged me along behind him, despite me trying to break free.

*Flashback 1855*

I was lying curled up on the ground, underneath a small table across from the fireplace. Glass surrounding me as I coughed and felt it dig into my skin. I was stuck. Father had beat me when he came back home, drunk, from mother's funeral. He had found me sitting on the couch as I cried over my mother's passing. Damon hadn't come home yet, and I regret not trusting my gut and going to my room after putting Stefan to bed.