Chapter 46: One Wedding and 13 Coffins

Alex's P.O.V

~Two Weeks Later~

I sat at the vanity in my dressing room as Caroline and Rebekah talking to each other while doing my hair (Photo Above ^^^) and makeup

I sat at the vanity in my dressing room as Caroline and Rebekah talking to each other while doing my hair (Photo Above ^^^) and makeup. It took a while to get Rebekah to talk to me after everything, but I guess whatever story Klaus told his family made her think I barely knew what was going on. Then the second I told Caroline I was getting married she came down to New Orleans with Stefan and began planning everything. Then when Rebekah, in her witch body, joined her I basically had no more control over the wedding...which might have been a good thing considering how I was freaking out by the time they showed up. The only thing I made sure happened was that it was a small wedding with only friends and family.

"Is your mother coming?" Caroline asked me suddenly and I looked at her through the mirror.

"Why on earth would I invite Lily?" I asked her. "She abandoned my brothers and me and left us with a monster."

"It's a fair question," Caroline defended herself while letting another curl fall. "She is your mother."

"My mother died in 1855," I stated. "Lily was simply a tool to get Stefan's emotions back on, so we could get your emotions back on."

"Your mother's alive?" Rebekah questioned.

"Yeah, and it's a long story on how. If you want to know it, I suggest asking Damon or Stefan," I answered. "All you need to know is that Lily's a Ripper and she's not coming anywhere near my kids."

"Ok, then you're all done," Rebekah said and the two girls stepped away from me.

I got up and walked over to the stand-up mirror in the room

I got up and walked over to the stand-up mirror in the room. I ran my hands down my dress (Photo Above ^^^) and exhaled as Caroline came up behind me, placing her hands on my shoulders. "You look beautiful, Alex," Caroline said. I placed my hand on top of hers and smiled.

"Thank you, Care," I told her. "I just hope no one picks a fight today."

Elijah had moved back into the compound, which I was happy about because I wanted my kids to know their uncle. Like Rebekah, Elijah was hard to talk to but he heard the same story Rebekah did...actually he probably heard it from Rebekah. I don't know why it was easier for Elijah to talk to me. Maybe it was because he knew it wasn't my plan to kill the girl he loved? That I shouldn't be blamed for a part in Klaus' plan I had no idea about until it was too late? At first, it was him moving in, then him staying in the same room as me, him glancing at me when the twins laughed, talking to me about taking the twins out, then where we are now: conversations that are about three to five sentences before an awkward silence settles in. My next step is to make him laugh, but I will say he and Erica have been talking a lot; given how they were both friends with Gia.