Chapter 7

Alex's P.O.V

*Present Day*

I started to wake up and saw Klaus and Mikael fighting each other. Just as Klaus was about to be staked by Mikael, he fought back by kneeing Mikael in the gut, then in the face before Mikael fought back. Klaus tackled him, and the two bust through a concrete and brick wall into the next room. I struggled to pull myself, placing my hand on my neck. Well, now I know how that feels. Klaus pushed him back into the room and kicked Mikael to the floor. He straddled Mikael, who was trying to stake him while he was being held down, this only made it easy for Klaus to turn the stake on him.

"Not as weak as you remember, am I?" Klaus said to him while smirking.

Klaus broke the stake out of his grip and went to stake him. Mikael threw Tunde's blade at me as I stood up, causing me to not have enough time to stop it, forcing Klaus to speed towards me and catch it before it stabbed me in the face. I looked at Klaus grateful, despite the fact that it wouldn't actually kill me. Before we knew what was happening, Mikael broke his wrist and stabbed Klaus in the chest with the white oak stake, pushing him back away from me.

"NO!" I screamed and rushed to grab him, but Mikeal slapped me across the face. The force of it caused me to fall back as Klaus screamed. I looked back and met Klaus' gaze as he fell to his side and desiccated. "No," I whispered to myself, and waited for him to start burning, but he never did. Oh, please, just give me this one miracle.

"Why aren't you burning?!" Mikael yelled at him. "If you were dead, it would burn. BURN!" He growled. I looked at him and watched as he noticed something, then waited until he left the room completely before speeding to Klaus's side.

I laid him on his back and yanked the stake out of his heart. I held it in my hand as I brought Klaus into my lap. "Come on," I whispered to him and bit my free wrist, forcing it into his mouth. "Drink the blood god damn-it! I can't lose you too." Then I heard someone scream. Who was that? The next thing I felt was Klaus's fangs in my wrist. I sighed in relief when the color came back to his face.

"What do you think you're doing?" Mikael asked me. I gripped the white oak stake in my hand while pointing it at him.

"If you come one-fucking-foot closer, I swear to God, I'll kill you myself." I threatened him and he seemed mildly impressed with me.

"You have a warrior's heart. Perhaps I'll keep it as a souvenir." Mikael pondered. He came closer to us when Marcel appeared out of nowhere and pulled him away. He started hitting Mikael over and over, so quickly that he's too disoriented to fight back right away. Mikael eventually knocked Marcel flat on his back and grabbed a makeshift stake to point it at Marcel's heart. "Now, ENOUGH! This night has been a long parade of fools. I'll enjoy killing every last one of you," Mikael said to him. Klaus's hand came up to my wrist and pushed away from him. Suddenly, Kol arrived - out of nowhere like Marcel - and threw a chain around Mikaels' neck, then yanked it so Mikael was knocked off his feet.

"I wouldn't place a bet on that, father," Kol said and hit him in the face with a concrete slab connected to the end of the chain.

Klaus, determined to join in, jumped to his feet as I stood up behind him. Kol and Marcel rushed to our side and we were eventually joined by Davina. When did she get here? Was she the reason Klaus hadn't died? We probably looked like the Power Rangers in the formation we were standing in though. Klaus smirked at Mikael, knowing that we finally had the upper-hand on him.

"It's over, Mikael. You're outnumbered. Are you going to beg for your miserable life?" Klaus asked and Mikael laughed.

"You think having people makes you strong? It proves how weak you are. Come find me when you don't have fools, women, and children fighting your battles," Mikael spat and threw the scrap of wood at us, then sped away to heal.