Chapter Twenty Two: Bridget's Vision

Bridget was sitting on a rotting wood bench, her head in her hands.

Bridget's bare feet were cold when she set them down on the cold, hard stone floor.

Bridget was in a stone prison. In a cold, stone cell with no happiness at all.

Lily was going to die. Laura was going to die. She was going to die.

Bridget was scared. Bridget didn't know what was happening to her friends, but she knew that she was in grave danger.

What if Principal Carine sucked out all her powers and magic till she was nothing but an empty soul? That would be terrible. She shuddered and shivered to think about it.

She didn't want to wake up.She'd rather stay here, in prison, than face what might become of her life.

Then, somewhere in the room, she heard soft voices calling her.

"Bridget! You have to save Laura, Lily and Cora from their fate!" said a voice that sounded like her mom.

"Bridget! The school is depending on you!" Now that sounded like her dad!

The voices echoed creepily in Bridget's head.

They echoed again and again.

"Bridget! Bridget!"

"Help us!" one voice echoed eerily.

"Wake up! Wa-ke up! Please!" One voice cried, like it was going to die.

"I can't!" Bridget cried to the voices. "I've lost hope. Principal Carine is going to drain my magic now. Everybody is going to die! I don't want to live like this!" Bridget sobbed sorrowfully.

Suddenly, the voices burst into sad moans, as she said "I can't".

"Why Bridget why!?" a voice echoed in Bridget's head, which reminded her of Ashley.

"You've let us down Bridget!" another voice sad and angry cried reminding her of Lily

"No! Bridget why?" a voice moaned in pain.

"I'm so sorry Bridget, for all the things that I've done. You are a strong girl, please get up, for all of us." Petunia's voice echoed sadly.

Bridget hugged her knees as she sat down on the hard stone floor.

She began to cry. She didn't want to be an empty soul!

"I can't!" she sobbed. "She'll kill me!"

Her body quivered. "I want to live!" Bridget weeped. "My friends are going to die! I don't want to see them die!"

Suddenly, Bridget heard a familiar voice.

"Bridget, please help us. You are the last surviving fairy."

It was Laura's voice!

"Laura? Is that you?" Bridget cried, with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, it is me." Laura said, soothingly.

"Bridget, believe in yourself. You are my very best friend, do it for us, do it for the school.Do it for me," Laura's voice said, as it slowly faded away.

"I won't let you down!" Bridget replied, boldly. "I will save them! Even if it costs my life!"

"Thank you Bridget!" the voices chorused again, happy.

With all Bridget's might, Bridget slowly got up her feet, and opened the prison door.

Her eyes burst open, she was awake.

She gasped at the horrific sight before her eyes.