Chapter Eighteen: Jealousy

Laura was sitting behind the door of Mamzelle Lizanna's French class, crying.

How could Petunia do that? How could she?

Laura sniffed. She hadn't expected Robinson Hills to be like this!

She felt anger. Petunia had attempted to frame her up for flinging her hair-tie at Mamzelle! Just to make Bridget angry! Just because of her own jealousy!

There was commotion inside the class.

She heard Mamzelle ticking Petunia off.

Then, suddenly...

"FREEZE!" someone screamed.

Laura jumped.

The next thing she knew, Bridget fled out of the class.

Curious about what had made Bridget act so strangely, Laura peeked into the classroom.

She gasped.

Everyone was frozen!

Like ice sculptures!

In fact, exactly like ice sculptures.

#

Laura ran like she never ran before.

"I really ought to tell someone about this!" She thought.

She had no clue what she was running from, or where she was going.

"Lily and Cora," she thought to herself. "I need to get to them."

So she ran all the way from their French class, all the way to the East Wing, where Lily and Cora's rooms were.

#

"Laura?"

"Lily," gasped Laura, panting. "I need to show you something." "Where's Cora?" She added.

"I'm here," Cora replied. "I was playing one of my best violin pieces for Lily."

"Lily, Cora," said Laura, urgently. "Bridget! Go! Now!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," said Cora. "Hold up for a sec. Listen to this!" She played a beautiful melody on her violin.

"No time!" exclaimed Laura ,in exasperation. "Come on!"

"I'm not going anywhere," said Cora, stubbornly.

She hated it when people interrupted her music. "And Lily isn't too. She is staying here with me. Right Lily?"

"Err.... it does sound important right?" Lily replied, feeling uneasy. "Laura sounds distressed."

"How could you?!" shouted Cora, stamping her foot. In her opinion, there could be nothing more important than music, especially her music! "You're supposed to be my best friend!"

Laura gasped, in shock. She had never seen this side of Cora before.

"But it really does seem important," begged Lily. "I'll be right back to listen to your music when I'm done!"

"Lily!" exclaimed a very hurt Cora. "Don't you like my music?"

Laura cleared her throat loudly.

*cough* *cough*

"Sorry," said Lily, glancing at Laura behind her. "I...gotta go."

#

Lily and Laura ran back to the French class.