Chapter Nineteen: Out of the Shadows.

."I can't believe it! How dare they!" Cora fumed as she stomped back to her room.

Cora was furious, so furious, that she glared angrily at everyone that walked past her.

"What's wrong Cora!?" Gloria Moore, Robinson Hill's sports captain, exclaimed in alarm as Cora stomped past.

"Nothing, nothing at all." Cora replied coldly.

"Hey, you better show up for practice tomorrow!" Gloria said.

"Yeah, yeah." Cora replied back, annoyed.

Cora hated sports and usually would never touch the water or play tennis. She would rather do the darning for Nurse Alice than go for sports.

Cora continued stomping all the way to her room, until she bumped into the principal...........

"Hello Cora," Miss Carine said as she waved to Cora looking very suspicious.

"Oh, hello Miss Carine," Cora replied, wondering why Miss Carine was out so late.

"What's wrong, my dear?" Miss Carine asked, glancing at Cora's sad and angry face.

Cora was confident to tell the principal what had happened, seeing her sympathetic face.

"Can I tell you what happened in your office?" Cora asked. "I don't want anybody to overhear."

"Sure, my darling." Miss Carine replied, smiling.

So Cora and Miss Carine walked to her office.

Inside, Cora told Miss Carine the whole incident.

"Ah, I see what has happened my dear." Miss Carine said, once she had heard the story.

"What should I do, Miss Carine ?" Cora asked.

"You should apologize." Miss Carine suggested, smiling so sickly sweet.

"But I can't face them." Cora said, worried. "They'll just dislike me, after all I have done to them." Cora stared at the floor.

Then, Cora saw Principal Carine's face light up with glee. She pulled out her necklace and detached the pendant. The pendant was shaped like a miniature stick. She began rubbing the pendant between her hands.

Cora's eyes grew wide as the pendant enlarged into a long, withered, wooden stick that looked exactly like.....

"A wand." Cora gasped. She felt excited, maybe the headmistress was going to help her with her magic! Thank goodness she confided her problems with this kind lady.

"What are you going to do? How did you get that wand? Is it really a wand? Can you make Lily like me again?" Cora was rapidly firing questions at Principal Carine.

"Calm down, dear." Miss Carine said. "I got this wand long ago. And now seems like a good time to use it."

"Wow. Can you make Lily like me again?" Cora stared down at her feet. "I'm starting to miss her."

"Well, I do have a good use for this wand." Miss Carine twirled the wand in her hand.

"What will you do?!" asked Cora excitedly.

Miss Carine swished the wand. "Let's see," she mused, pretending to pause and think. "Yes, to brainwash you."

Cora gasped and turned to the door.

But Miss Carine was too quick for her.

She flicked her wand and Cora was tied up and gagged.

"Mmmm!" Cora said, trying to shout.

"Oh, do keep quiet !" cried Miss Carine.

"Mmmmm!" cried Cora.

#

Laura yawned as she got out of bed that morning.

"Good morning Lily!"Laura said, cheerfully.

"Good morning Laura, what time is it?"Lily asked, half awake.

"Six a.m.," Laura replied.

"Then why did you wake me up?"Lily said, yawning.

"We have something to talk about." Laura said, looking rather serious.

"Okay," said Lily, unsure .

"About Cora, please say that you're going to be friends with her again." Laura said.

"Yes, I thought about it last night and I think I'm wrong too. I shouldn't have been so hard on Cora, she is a little of a feather head, you know? " Lily said.

"Okay, so are you ready to apologize?" Laura asked.

"Definitely." Lily said, nodding.

"Yay! Woohoo!" Laura said, doing a funny jig, happy the fight was over.

#

Meanwhile, Cora had awoken half dizzy, Miss Carine was standing over her.

Her brain felt fuzzy, she couldn't think of anything now.

She tried to find thoughts of Lily, but none came. She started to panic, the last thing she remembered was that Principal Carine was about to brainwash her.

She got up to get to the door, but found that she couldn't move.

Cora felt a lot of pain in her head, and all of a sudden, all she could think of was all the bad thoughts, her heart filled with anger and jealousy!

"Woken up yet?" said a voice. It was Miss Carine. "Good. Get up now!" she ordered.

She sneered at Cora. "You're mine now."

"Yes, I am yours" Cora said, in a trance her head becoming dizzy.

"You will listen to me!" Miss Carine said maliciously.

"Yes, master!" Cora said, bowing her head down to the ground.

This was what Miss Carine wanted to hear!

"Bring them to me." Miss Carine ordered.

"Of course master, I shall do as you wish." Cora said, and with that, she walked out of the room to do her master's bidding.