Chapter 34

I went back and realized some inconsistencies in this chapter so I edited it.

———————————————————————————
Elliana

Pure fury. That's all I could describe of the glimpse of Angie's expression that I caught before she stormed off and slammed her car door. I was actually pretty worried when Demi pulled away. This quickly changed to embarrassment when I noticed that Kailey and Lana were still staring at us. Kailey appeared to be stunned but Lana just had her signature smirk on her face. "C-c'mon, let's go." I mumbled before pulling Demi away.

Demi followed me over to her car. "I hope she takes that hint."

I sighed softly because I had no idea of how she would take it. "Why were you talking in my head earlier?" I changed the subject. "Since when were you able to do that? Why didn't you tell me about it before?" I interrogated her as I pulled my seat belt on.

She laughed and started the car. "First of all, it's more convenient. As you said, you don't have my number. This way, you can contact me even if you don't have reception." She said as she pulled out of the parking lot. Lana waved to us as we drove by. "I've been able to do it since we fully mated..." she smirked over at me, making me flush a dark shade of red. As for why I didn't tell you sooner, I would've thought that your reaction today could explain that." She started to laugh again.

I scowled at her again. Then I remembered our original telepathic conversation. "So?"

"So?" She repeated back at me before leaning over for a brief kiss.

I leaned into the kiss automatically, but almost immediately pulled away and shrieked in shock. "You're driving!" I gasped.

"Yeah, and I'm also a vampire with enhanced senses." She smirked. "If you're done stating the obvious, then you can clarify what you were talking about."

I threw my arms up in the air, blushing furiously when they hit the roof of the car. "You know what I mean. You can read my mind!" I insisted.

She sighed this time. "Just because I can doesn't mean I always do. I'm trying to respect your privacy like you've told me on several occasions, but if you insist..."

Suddenly I could have sworn that I felt something poking around my thoughts and my eyes widened in shock. She laughed and the sensation disappeared. "I was teasing. Normally you wouldn't feel anything unless I wanted you to." Demi added.

"Good to know." I said softly. "I meant about the trip. Can I go?" I felt like a little girl asking for permission.

"You are." She responded, not missing a beat. Before I could react, she continued. "Just proving a point." Demi shrugged and turned to look at me for a quick second before turning back to the front.

"You're avoiding my question." I pointed out, making her sigh.

"Well I can't forbid you from going. I'm not your dad. I suppose I could kidnap you from the airport and keep you in my house for winter break but I wouldn't do that-"

I cut her off. "You have a house?" I asked stupidly. My face reddened instantly. "I mean, of course you do..." I guess I never really thought about it because she was always there, if you know what I mean. I knew she had a life before me and had to go somewhere when she wasn't at my house.

She chuckled. "Yes, I have a house. Would you like to see?"

"Yes please." Demi started to change our destination. "Wait, can we take Rosie with us?" I asked hopefully, holding her tightly in my arms. "She can come with us."