Chapter 26

49K READS OMG THANK YOU
———————————————————————————

Elliana

When I woke up the next day, I felt sore everywhere, even in places that I didn't know it was possible to feel sore in. I tried to shift my position, but Demi had a very tight grip on me. I let out a tiny yawn and peeled open an eye as she turned to face me. "Good morning, my darling." She said in a husky morning voice.

"Good morning." I replied, making a cute face at her.

She chuckled and kissed my lips gently. Just then, the door burst open. "Elli, have you seen my-"

I shot up in bed in shock. A horrified scream was heard as my sister shielded her eyes and leapt several feet backwards. "What the fuck?!"

Does nobody knock in this house?

I froze, staring blankly in horror, my mind not even comprehending that I was still naked, and that was likely a large part of why my sister had screamed in horror.

I closed my eyes in upset and could feel myself regressing in what Demi called "little space". I could feel my body shaking in anxiety. Suddenly, a warm blanket was draped over my shoulders with a clearing of a throat. "Do you mind excusing us for a moment?" I heard Demi's voice say. She spoke in a way that appeared to be hiding her controlled anger.

Silence. Then one, two, three...

"What the fuck have you done to my sister?!" She shrieked in a shrill tone but made no move to approach us understandably. I let out a quiet whimper and flinched at her tone. Demi noticed this and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, making little shushing noises in my ear, at a volume that only I could hear.

"How dare you touch my sister?! You're like 7 years older than her and and she's only eighteen!" Adri fumed. Her face went bright red as Demi calmly moved the blankets aside, not caring that her entire naked body was now visible as well, confirming any suspicions about what went on between us last night.

Demi ignored my sister for a moment and simply reached over to grab my robe that was hanging on my office chair. She reached for my arms and began to gently pull them through the sleeves before tying the string to close the robe. Then, she made no move to cover herself and turned to look at my sister expectantly.

Adri's face flushed an ugly shade of red. I could tell that she was beyond irritated at Demi's seemingly nonchalant attitude and decided to attack me next. "How could you be so careless?! I told you that it was weird and creepy that someone her age would want to hang out with a freshman. How do you know she's not some sort of predator?!" I shrunk into the blanket and squeezed my eyes shut tightly in upset.

Normally I would have been furious at my sister. How dare she make these insinuations about me when she was always pushing me to date. I also knew she slept around but she always treated me like her baby sister so she had double standards. However, I currently felt too small to even come up with a response and I wasn't able to look her in the eye either.

"How dare you." I knew my sister had gone too far and that Demi had every right to be angry but I did not expect what she said next. "How dare you suggest that I have any other motive for spending time with Elliana other than that she is an amazing, perfect girl who I love?!" My heart skipped multiple beats when she said love, and I desperately wanted to know whether she was only saying it to spite my sister or if she actually meant it.

"Love?" My sister mocked sarcastically. "You've known her for a month. And in that month, you always seem to be around her, and no one ever sees you come and go but yet you're always turning up here too!" I had thought that whatever went on between my sister and Demi had been resolved when she brought me to the hospital that day, but clearly that was too naïve of me.