Chapter 16

5k reads - Y'ALL ARE AWESOMMMMMME.

———————————————————————————

Elliana

I had fallen asleep during the movie like a baby. In the night, I woke up briefly, but went back to sleep upon feeling Demi's arms encircle my waist. I was too stubborn to admit how safe I felt in her embrace, but I felt like I never wanted to leave. However, the next morning when I awoke, she was nowhere to be seen.

I had gotten out of bed at around 9am and went to brush my teeth. When I returned to my room, I realized that I hadn't turned off my clock radio. Taylor Swift's song, "Speak Now", was playing and instead of turning it off, I began to dance along with it in amusement. I giggled as I twirled around the room.

"Don't wait, or say a single vow. You need to hear me out, and they said speak now."

Suddenly, two arms caught me around my waist and I gasped in surprise. "Cute, so whose wedding are you crashing?" Demi peered at me in amusement. I stuck my tongue out at her and she rolled her eyes before letting me go.

"Where were you? I woke up and you had disappeared." I tried to keep the accusatory tone out of my voice because she had no obligation to stay with me...not that I had wanted her to anyway.

Keep fooling yourself.

"Did someone miss me?" She smirked.

I shook my head quickly and looked away. "Awe, don't pout, even if it's really cute." She added.

I blushed and refused to look at her. "I'm not pouting. Why would I care if you were here?"

"Is that so?" I looked up and she raised an eyebrow at me. I nodded, but a look of uncertainty appeared on my face.

She smirked. "Alright then, well I guess you won't mind that I'll be gone for the next couple of days."

"What? Why?" I said before I could stop myself and her smirk grew wider.

"I thought you didn't care."

My eyes widened and I huffed in anger, turning away from her. I could hear her chuckling behind me and it only made me angrier. Finally she sighed and I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I went out to get you some human food."

"You could just say food." I blinked at her, temporarily forgetting my annoyance at the mention of food.

"I could, but what's the fun in that?"

I opened the bag she handed me and pulled out a container of bunny shaped pancakes and a box of orange juice. I met her eyes in curiosity. "Why bunny pancakes?"

"Do you not like them?" She asked.

"I like em..."

She smiled as if she was very pleased with my response. "Start eating then." I pulled out the cutlery and began to cut the pancakes. As I was about to take a bite, I suddenly thought of something and placed my fork down again. Demi raised an eyebrow at this.

"Um, don't you need to eat?"

She chuckled. "You don't need to concern yourself." I frowned at her response.

Before I could really think about what I was doing, I rolled up my sleeve and offered her my wrist. I tried to convince myself that it was just because she brought me food, and not because I had any feelings for her. She looked surprised at my actions. "Really, you're going to offer? Don't you cry and act super dramatic whenever I try to bite you?"