Defending Connie Pt.4

Start from the beginning

"Worst? You wanna talk bout' things gettin' worst?" he scoffed throwing an accusing finger their way as he stepped up to her," they've been worst. Ain't nothin stopped the day they'd started something with Connie. They got away with plenty of things, but this" he shook his head," No. Their gonna hear it. M'tired. Someone's gotta let em know who their messin' with."

Rosita stood with a narrowed look written across her face before Daryl trudged off. "Shit!" She uttered, teeth gritted as she then hurried off to get someone who could get through to him before things got ugly.

Walking up towards the two, he didn't need to say a word when they caught eye of his rugged figure and starting grinning. They'd known what they had done and didn't give two shits about it. Hell if anything Daryl was done talking.

"Look who's back" Matteo announced ever so pleased by the way Daryl was drenched with sweat. Hair stuck to his face, sun burnt and all.

"What a shame" David smirked watching Daryl trudge his way up to him," couldn't have just stayed out there where you belon-"

Before the other man knew it a punch was swung his way landing on his cheek. He stumbled lightly at the blow before regaining his balance much quicker than Daryl would have liked. Two against one Daryl stood his ground now. There was no way out of this one.

Win or lose.

Daryl threw another punch. Swift enough to land another hit until Matteo had tackled into him crashing him into the wall of the building. At the hard impact Daryl fell all the air inside his lungs rush out almost breathlessly at the sting it left behind. Eyes squeezed shut for just a moment a heavy hit was thrown to his gut followed by another causing a groan to escape past his lips.

With all the energy he could muster, he threw a knee up into the other mans torso causing him to lose grip and curl into himself. A heavy blow to the guys face and down he went tumbling into the grass. In a flash David came into view, hell raised more than ever when he'd grabbed Daryl by his vest and flung him to the side, stumbling over himself and catching himself from falling.

He swung at the man and it was dodged with a quick turn before he'd been hit. The blow turned his face to the side with an excruciating pain that throbbed in his bottom lip. A lucky hit, Daryl then dodged a coming hit to his side when he made a sharp turn to the right. Once more he swung aimlessly at the man getting a few good hits especially his last blow. Aiming right for the mans face once more, Daryl caught him straight at the jaw having the man stumble.

His only fault was he hadn't kept an eye on Matteo and before he knew it a heavy foot crashed into the back of his knee from behind, knocking him to the ground.

Falling onto his hands and knees, he'd known they had the advantage once he'd fallen. Shit. He tried to tell himself to get up, but the pain in his knee was telling him otherwise. Heaving and grunting as he tried to stand and put pressure, his knee gave out.

"Kick his ass!" He'd heard David call out to his friend who had cheated and kicked him from behind. He was exhausted. Giving his last will to push on through, he couldn't find the strength. He was just so weak. His legs were overworked and his knees hurt like hell.

Before any kicks were thrown his way, he heard a strict yet stern voice call out to them. The voice meant business. It was loud. Loud enough and demanding enough for anyone to stop and listen.

"Enough!"

Tilting his head to the side, Daryl had seen Michonne getting off her horse before standing before them, eyes narrowed and concerned. With the brief eye contact they shared, Daryl let out a weary breath. Turning onto his side, he saw a few other people walking up to them to deescalate the situation and separate them.