Defending Connie Pt.4

Start from the beginning

Almost to the gate, Daryl wiped the back of his shaky hand across his sweaty eyes before looking up at the guards who stood from their post, looking his direction.

He waved his hand before giving a sharp whistle. When he'd seen them yell something and wave their arms to the people on the other side of the wall soon enough the gate slowly creaked opened.

Walking in past the gate, he only walked a few more steps inside just enough for the gate to close behind him before kicking his kick stand. Glancing up, he'd seen a few people jogging toward him, but he hadn't had the energy to care.

His mind was on two people and two people only. He was angry to a point he felt his heart spike and his adrenalin run at the thought of finding the two ass hats and teaching them a thing or two.

He stood, holding onto his bike for just a moment to keep his balance. He felt a little off. His mouth was dry and he had lost track of time of how long he'd actually been out in the sun walking without water, but the look of his warmed colored skin told him just how long he'd been under the harsh, glaring rays that gave him a light sun burn.

Hearing foot steps stop just before him, he kept his eyes on his bike.

"Daryl, you okay? We heard your bike had a leak."

Rosita.

He scoffed, but didn't bother saying anything. He didn't have time for this.

Letting go of his bike when he'd felt better than before, he walked past Rosita without a glance. Continuing his stride, he heard her footsteps following right behind.

"You think it was them"

"I don't think, I know it was." He gruffly assured  avoiding her eyes as she made her way beside him, keeping up with his pace.

"So what are you going to do?

"Im gonna finish it."

He wasn't going to stop and she didn't need to know why. She watched as the muscles in his face twitched as his eyes searched the crowd of Alexandrian's walking around. A couple seeming to stop in their tracks when they caught eye of them.

Their were a couple whispers on the streets that fueled the tenacity of the situation that was going around. The evidence was shown and the smell was heavy by the browning bushes that had been shown where the gasoline was dumped. The grass was already wilted and yellow. Daryl seemed to know where the two men were at this time of day. Taking a guess on where they could be, Rosita found herself walking in the direction of the dining hall.

Shit.

"Hey, I get it."

Daryl scoffed" You don't."

Walking onto the grass now, Daryl saw the door to the dining hall open. His eyes searched the people walking out aimlessly and sharp. He hadn't seen the men, but it wasn't going to stop him from checking the building. That was until it opened once more. Walking out the door this time were the two men he'd been looking for.

Anger spiked. His adrenaline pulsed through his veins at the sight of the two. So blinded by his rage, he hadn't caught himself mumbling to himself.

" M'tired of this bullshit.."

"Daryl don't-"

"Nah" he shook his head," No"

"You'll only be making this worst."

His feet stopped him in his tracks at the ridiculous words spoken. Worst? It'll get worst? Hadn't it already gotten to that point? Almost immediately he whipped around towards Rosita. Face red and filled with a menacing Daryl like anger.