At 1:45, Xavion was back out of the door

At 1:45, Xavion was back out of the door. He wanted to be on time to pick his little sister up from school, so he could take her out to eat before he took her home. He hadn't seen her in a few days, and he was missing her a bit, although she tap danced on his nerves daily through text.

He pulled up to Dymond's school exactly at 2:15, as kids started flooding the stairs. He sent her a message to let her know he was there and no more than two minutes later she was hopping in his front seat.

"Wassup Dy?" he asked.

"Hey, Xavi," she spoke, with a slight smile.

"You good?" he raised his eyebrows. She was usually way more vivacious, and full of energy.

"Just tired, I had a midterm and I was up late studying with Yas," she informed him and he nodded before pulling off and taking her to their favorite place to get food fast.

"You want a pizza puff or sum?" he looked over at her and she smiled big. "Ol' hungry ass girl," he chuckled and she smacked his arm.

"You know daddy been watching what I eat?" she curled her lip up at the thought.

"Fa' what? You back in cheer or sum?" he wondered. She was by no means overweight or unhealthy, but when she cheered or played softball, their father magically turned into a dietitian.

"No, softball conditioning starts in February, so he figures I need to stop eating junk food," she huffed. "Mama sneaks me snacks like I'm a slave," she shook her head. "He acts like my blood sugar is just—not a thing,"

"That's my issue, the hell. I'a talk to him, that's stupid" he shook his head. His little sister was his pride and joy. Although he wasn't the oldest, they're nearly 10 years apart and when she was born he fell in love. Dymond was diagnosed with type two diabetes when she was 8, and he learned the disease inside out to help her manage as a 18 year old boy. He helped her learn that diabetes looked different on everyone, there was no 'one look' to a diabetic person.

Although Dynond was skinner now, as a child she wasn't. He had a preconceived notion as to why she had diabetes until he educated himself. She dropped weight fast when she got diagnosed and it confused him, so he took it upon himself to learn.

"Don't get all worked up, you know he's stubborn," she waved him off. "Anyway, what time is your match Saturday?" she asked excitedly. His sisters and mom were always front row at his matches, it made him happy to look out and see them.

"8:00, I'll send y'all the address,"

"Bet, Dessy say she gon bring Skylar so don't get bloody," she teased.

"I'll try," he chuckled.