XXI

Chapter 21: It feels like this?

she licks blood off her fingers and she looks like divine absolution.
careful, meleager; this is your sport but she's not playing a game.

Do you think you are safe because you love her?

do not think she will not stain her mouth red with your blood too.”
                             - atalanta.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been nine days. Nine freaking days since Vladimir ran off. I am seriously feeling the effect of our bond. I feel like smashing everyone's head in. I am sulky. Sue me.

The only person I talk to is Angelina.
She seems to be always in that forest, whenever I call for her.

I meet Angelina at night and keep myself with Mariallah, at day.

Honestly, these two people have become a lot more important in my life. Mary is smart but polite. She is always giving me advice on what to do and what not to do.

Angelina on the other hand has been training me. Literal training me. We meet up at night, right at her clearing where we fought off the rebels and she is trying to make me stronger than I already am. Because I suck at defending myself without my beasts.

Her words. Not mine.

I shift heavily as the morning ray filters through the window pane and I am sitting in my bed, thinking.

I want to go meet Vladimir. Should I give him a surprise?

Suddenly, all my senses feel alive as I jump out of bed and run out towards Max's room.

I start banging on the door like a madwoman on the loose from the local heroin parlor.

The door opens and a very sleepy and shirtless Max comes into my view.

I push past him, straight into his bedroom.

“ Why the hell? Did something happen?” Max rubs his sleepy eyes and puts on a robe.

“ Maximus, I need you to do something for me.” He looks at me, looking more awake than before.

“ Oh. You used my full name. Whatever it is you need.” He mocks me a bow and I just flip him off.

“Do you have any idea where Vladimir must be? Right at this moment?” I sit on his bed.
He thinks for a second.

“ It's the tenth day. He must be in Alpha Lockheart's pack. Why are you asking?” He sits at the edge of his table.

I sigh.“ How long will it take for us to reach there?” He smiles.

“ Don't tell me. You want to go meet Vladimir.” He laughs. “ It hasn't even been ten days. And he is angry with you.”

I just grind my teeth in annoyance. “ How long?”

He rolls his blue orbs and looks at me.“ 24 hours or more. It all depends on the weather.”

I feel myself grow more irritated by the sound of his words. I am so moody due to all this separation anxiety.

“ Okay! How early can I start the journey?” I stand up because sitting down too long makes me mad.

Everything makes me mad. I am so moody.

“Wait. You're serious?” He also stands up.
I match his eyes with mine.“ Dead.”

He lets out a loud groan and rubs his hands on his face.“ Xavier is going to kill me this time Adrienne. Just wait for him. That's why he went away.”
I rub my temples and if he thinks his nonsense is going to change my mind, he is wrong.