Chapter 31: Who is she

Dominic POV

After cleaning up myself from another one of my sexual fantasies I sit down in the living room ready to gear up the game. I wondered to myself how would I do this in order to prove to Art that Lacie is unfaithful. Why am I even thinking about doing this? Am I that bored?

I wait for a minute until Lacie gets dressed. I can hear her talking to someone as I walk towards the hallway. Who is she talking to? I had looked down at my phone and seen that Kiera had called me again. It's getting late and I'm getting annoyed. I just put my phone on do not disturb going to try to think of a plan. I know logically this is stupid but I want to better understand someone and people tend to lie. Actions do speak louder than words in this case and I can tell that Lacie is mentally and emotionally unstable. Art finally got his act together after his last breakup and I would hate for my CTO to go out of commission because of some new girl.

I have to play this right.

Feel like I'm one of those people in movies that do things that don't make sense and I know it in my logical mind it doesn't make sense. I feel like I'm trying to justify seducing Lacie, not like I think it would take much.
I've seen how she is with other guys so it should be easy, not to mention her low self-esteem.

Maybe I am just bored out of my mind and I want to play hero by also being villain. I can also run through the plans with her about what we're going to be doing at our next venue which I've decided is Alaska. Many people I've talked to forget it exists.

The other thing is maybe I can bring her out by inviting her to play. The funny thing is I actually do enjoy playing my new game with her. She's a girl that actually enjoys playing video games which is very rare. A lot of the pretty girls I've met pretend that they like playing video games when they actually say that just to impress me. I knock on Lacie's door.

When she opens the door she has a cell phone at her ear. I thought she had hung up for some reason.

"Oh, you're on the phone. I just wanted to tell you that our next trip is going to be for Alaska."

"Oh wow! That's cool. Is that all?"

Is that all? Usually she's all over new information. I figured she would ask me the details since this is the whole reason for her being here. I mean we discussed some stuff earlier but Alaska should be a big deal. It is pretty late though and maybe it would be better just playing the console.

"Do you wanna co-op with me?"

Lacie just gives me a derpy look before telling her friend she'll call them back. I wonder if that was Art.

"I mean, sure."

"Do you or don't you?" I say losing my patience.

I hate when people do that it's either you do or you don't. Yes or no.

"Sorry, yes I do," she says.

Why Couldn't she just answer that before?

I boot up the console and look over at Lacie as she just stands there like a bear on two legs.

"I went ahead and programmed some extra features. I want you to test them out," I say actually eager to see what she'll say about them.

"Am I getting paid for this too?" she says.

When I look over at her she's smiling with this mischievous and very annoying Green Goblin-like smile. Can't she just sit down and enjoy something? I didn't take her for the type to be like that. I really don't want to get into it and the truth is no, technically I'm not paying her for this but why should I?
She's getting to play a game that nobody even knows about that's not even out yet, for fucking free!!! I mean what the fuck?! When did she become so ungrateful?