xxxii. germanium

"I'M JUST WAITING ON A FEW last-minute details. Let'go ahead and get started." Hotch says as he puts his phone away.

"I keep bumping on the fact that he makes a married couple have sex before he kills them. What is he accomplishing with that?" Rossi asks no one in particular. He was seated with Hotch, who is sitting across from Derek who is sitting next to Spencer, while the two women share the couch together.

"You know, the stabbing of the wives is almost certainly piqueristic. The unsub gets sexual gratification from penetration with a knife. Most piquerists are impotent... men like Albert Fish, Iain Scoular, Andrei Chikatilo... so for him, it could be a substitute for sex." Spencer says with a shrug.

"The unsub could also be playing a mind game. Neither shot to the husband is clean, so they have to watch what he's doing to their wives as they're dying." Emily points out, as she looks from Spencer to Hotch.

"So this guy challenges their manhood by forcing them to have sex, and then mocks them with the overkill. That kind of psychological torture makes him a sexual sadist." Willow muses as she tugs her legs under her.

"It would explain the amount of control he exhibits over the crime scene... the handcuffs, the condoms, the silenced weapon. He plans out every detail." Spencer says, as he quickly glances at Willow.

"If he's that precise, he would be just as precise in his victimology. But he's all over the map in terms of class and race." Rossi points out to them.

"Well, there must be something else about the couples that attracts him. Something that he couldn't learn by stalking them anonymously. Maybe the couples met the unsub before." Emily shares her thoughts.

"Rossi and Reid, will you handle the family interviews?" Hotch asks the two, who nod. "Morgan and Prentiss, go to the latest crime scene. We need to learn as much as we can about him, so let's really pin down the M. O. Willow, I want you to stick with the communication liaison."

"Communication liaison?" Willow's head snaps up, questioningly, just as Garcia steps into the plane. Gone is her colourful dress, that's replaced with a grey one.

"Well, look at you, look at you." Derek says, making her beam happily.

"Meet your new communications liaison. Trial communications liaison." Garcia says softly, making Willow grin happily.

"Garcia, I don't get to say this often, but I had no idea there was this side of you." Rossi says, making her smile proudly.

"Well, I figure since I'm going to have to interact with the mass populace, I should dress in the traditional costume of a mere mortal. Ow. Ow." She yelps softly, making Willow look at her in worry.

"What's wrong?" Derek asks her.

"Oh, it's my contact. It keeps getting weird and... Huh. There it goes. No. Yes. No." Garcia says as she struggles to put in correctly, making the team chuckle. "Okay, got it."

"I'm so happy that you're coming with us." Willow grins, as Garcia sits between her and Emily. "It's going to be like when I first got here, you and I saving the day together."

"Except lover boy won't be there this time." Garcia points out, as they reminisce over the days when Willow was new in the BAU, and would stay with Garcia, as well as Spencer because he had injured himself. "But it's fine, you my beautiful friend and I are going to show some lady power from behind the scene.

"I like that, can I join in?" Emily asks, making them all laugh.