viii. oxygen

WILLOW SMILES AS JJ tells another story about her newborn son. Now that they had arrested Brown, the team invited Willow for dinner, in a sign of gratitude for her help during the case. She had told them, that she barely did anything and there was no need to thank her, but they had insisted. Which is how, she ended up sitting among some of the finest FBI agents, talking about the most mundane things.

"So, Willow. Tell us more about you." Derek says, as soon as JJ finishes her story, making everyone look at the Professor curiously, making her blush.

"Well, I'm certain the FBI knows more about me than I do." She chuckles softly, biting her lip nervously. "But, well. You already know I'm a Chemistry Professor at Brown and I have Medical Degree along with my Chemistry PhD, but I also did Biochemisty as Pre-Med. While studying, Medicine, I studied Psychology. Oh, I graduated High School, when I was sixteen years old."

"Wait, wow. Hold up. How old are you?" Emily asks, making Willow bite her lip.

"I'm twenty seven years old." Willow answers, making everyone but Hotch gape at her.

"You're younger than boy genius here?" Derek asks in shock, making Willow shrug. "We have two geniuses at this table."

"I think Spencer's IQ is higher than mine." Willow admits, before looking at the said person. "I have 164."

"187." Spencer says, making her look at him impressed.

"So why did you decide to become Professor? And not a Medical Doctor?" Garcia asks, making her shrug as she bites her lip.

"I have no problem with the whole medical aspect of it, like the blood, the open bodies, bad wounds etc. But I can't handle the loss of someone well, so I decided I'd rather just share my knowledge with others. Well I ended up teaching Chemistry and not Medicine, but close enough." Willow shrugs, making Garcia nod in understanding.

"So you wouldn't consider working for the BAU?" Rossi asks, making Willow shrug. This wasn't the first time the idea of her joining the team came up in a conversation, but she never really considered it.

"I mean, what you guys do is awesome. I love it and it was very interesting to watch you guys do it, but I don't think I could handle it. I'd rather stick behind the desk." Willow chuckles softly.

"Okay, fair enough." Spencer hums, although you could see the disappointment in his eyes. He had grown fond of her and it saddened him that he might never see her again.

"But, I definitely wouldn't mind helping you guys again, but next time, please. No dying." Willow says, giving a pointed look at Spencer who smiles sheepishly.

"Part time consultant? I think we can work with that. But I must admit you work an eight hour drive from here, doesn't make it easy." Hotch points out, making her huff as she nods in agreement.

"I guess I'll take a rain check then." Willow says, looking down sadly, but she quickly breaks as a smile stretches on her lips. "Unless, I received an offer to work at Georgetown university in D.C., like a month ago?"

"Oh, you little vixen." Derek chuckles as he points accusingly at her, as she giggles while the others either roll their eyes in amusement or huff. "So you coming to work with us or not?"

"I'm not sure, you guys' Profiling skills aren't as good as I thought. You really did believe me?" Willow asks teasingly, making Spencer huff.

"Well, not really honestly. You bite your lip every time you're nervous and you did that just when Hotch pointed out the fact that you lived far away." Spencer says with a victorious smile as Willow huffs in defeat.

"Okay. 0-1 for Spencer." Willow grumbles, making Spencer chuckle. "But yeah, I'll definitely work with you guys again."

"Great. Welcome to the team. I expect to see you whenever we call." Hotch says, making her nod in understanding.

"Oh this is gonna be so fun!"