Chapter 8

I stand in the dorm hallway, my mouth agape as I watch Ethan kissing Jessica, her arms wrapped around his neck possessively. Finally breaking the silence I speak.

"Guys? I thought you didn't kiss your clients."

This is definitely not in the realm of platonic. Nick and Finn stand similarly frozen, and they both back up into the hallway to stand next to me. Wait... Finn and Nick look just as surprised as I do.

"Uh...Everly, you're totally right." Nick finally speaks looking for what just happened with for.

"This isn't -"

Finn is interrupted when Jessica finally leans back, though she keeps her arms draped over Ethan's shoulder. Ethan stiffen, but doesn't push her away.
"Everly..." Ethan says looking at me. But I don't see hint of guilt or shock in his eyes.

"Oh, are you jealous or something?I'm their client for tonight, so they'll have to listen to what I want to do. Did you really think that you could have any of these guys wrapped around your fingers? They're running a business, not a charity, Shawn. " Jessica gives a wicked laugh while taunting me.

"I'm not interested in controlling anyone."

"And you're implying that I am? Oh please." she says quirking her eyebrows in amusement.

"Even if you are one of the Wingmen's biggest clients, you can't just go around breaking their rules." I am saying this because its wrong and I don't care if the guys enjoyed the kiss or not.

"Why should you care? These three
aren't your friends. This is all just a free trial. Once you've run your course, you'll be a paying customer... just like rest of us."

Jessica's words were like slap on my face. Her voice carries a hint of bitterness to it as she stares at me with a forced smile. To be honest, I'm only here because Finn and Nick wanted me to seduce Ethan. But why do I feel so frustrated and upset right now?

"Ethan! Say something. " Nick look at Ethan with pleading eyes.

"Yeah, you're freaking us out with the silent treatment. " After a long Finn finally managed to speak.

"Jessica isn't wrong." he says with his usual stoic expression

"How can you say that? You guys have gone on and on about how this Wingmen act is about just being good friends. " I was surprised by his statement.

"Wingmen, Inc. is a business, isn't it? We're interns for a dating app, and we get paid for our service on campus. "
So now he is being more practical and straightforward.

"Did you guys lie to me just to rope me into your business scheme?"

I'm really feeling sad and embarrassed at a same time for making myself look fool. Jessica tightens her arms around his neck, and clenches his fingers into fist. Finn sighs with a nod.

"Is that really all this is to you, Ethan?" Nick questions him

"Nah, I get it Nick. What he's saying makes a lot of sense." Finn says

"What? How could you-"
Finn places his hand on Nick's shoulder. I glance between the three of them, but none of them meet my eyes. What the hell is going on? Am I fool standing over here?

"Ah. I see what's happening here." Nick says backing off

"See, Shawn? I'm right. These boys don't treat anyone special. Except me, of course."

I'm on the verge of crying. I was thinking that I have got new friends but I was wrong. I can't be here right now. I drop the pitcher and dash into my roon. I flop onto the bed, startling Slater, who's studying at his desk. I'm so stupid.