Chapter 4

I stare at Nick in disbelief, preparing myself to be laughed at in the middle of lecture. This is unreal. He wants me to seduce Ethan? Is he gone mad.
"Nick you're hilarious. That's a really funny joke. I needed a good laugh. "

"You don't understand, Everly. I seriously want you to do it. Look it's not like I'm asking you to dive into his pants or anything. "

"Keep your voice down! Do you think I want the whole class to hear your fucking little idea?"

"Oh come on. What do you have to lose? All I'm saying is to give him a chance. He's been pretty lonely. "

"What, is he having trouble finding someone to get him off ?"

"Funny, but no. It's been too long since he's been able to connect with someone who isn't a client. Little Fort Ethan can't keep it locked up forever."

"Keep what locked up forever? His dick?"
Nick points to his heart, chuckling. Okay he mean heart can't be locked up forever. God what am I thinking?

"Ethan needs someone to break down his walls, and  I think you're the perfect person for the job."

"Nick what does he need ME for? Doesn't he have you and Finn? And all the... women?"

"It's different when someone's around you while you're off-duty, you know?"

"Wait, is it only you three? You guys don't have a friend group?"

"Sadly, yeah. It's just the three of us."

"Honestly I don't care if you get in his pants. I think that you guys just needs a new friend." he chuckles

"A friend?  You really think that's all he needs?"

"Duh. I swear he's a good guy, so long as you give him a chance."

"You are really not going to slide it, are you?"

"Nope! So is the Operation Seduce Ethan a go?"

I let out a deep sigh as Nick leans in, his eyes sparkling. To be honest I am slightly confused. Okay very much confused. Slater's words still rings in my mind but on other side this guys also seem to that bad.
"I don't know about this..."

"Ethan is my bestfriend. He's so focused on his job and studies that he doesn't think about his health. Finn and I are sick of watching him sulk and overwork himself. It's about time he found happiness again."

"If I agree, what's in it for me?"

"Ethan is an incredible guy. If you do this you might find a lifelong friend or maybe something more." he smirks raising his eyebrows and I roll my eyes.

"So what do you say? Will you help us out? "
I think for a while, making friends is no harm but relationship is the last thing I want to think right now. And by being friends I can learn more about them and their past that why Slater hates them so much?
"I don't think I'm interested in him romantically but I do want to help make him happy."

"That's enough for me and I'm sure it'll be enough for Ethan too."

"So what do you think I should do?"

"Just keep being yourself.  You already figured out the first step by getting his attention. Friends spend a lot of time together, don't they? So we just need you two to hangout more."

"Then what? You think everything else will fall into place naturally?"

"Well yeah. I'm still rooting for you to get together with him but friends is a great place to start. He's a tough person to understand,  but I know that you'll be able to figure him out."

"I'll give my best shot. After all I do want to help you and Finn too."

"Just one chance is all a man can ask for." he says with a laugh
"And thanks Everly. I know you were the right choice."

The lecture ends with my head still spinning. As I leave class with Nick, he throws an arm around my shoulder,  laughing.
"I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship. "

"Nick you're a huge dork."

"Yes I am! I'm glad you noticed it." he chuckles

"I can't believe this is happening. "

"Come on! Let's get outta here friend!"

We head out of class and into corridors. I laugh as he pats me on the head looking at me with a sweet, friendly smile. Before I could react a familiar girl shoves past me to throw her arns around Nick's neck.
"Nick it's so nice to see you! I can't wait for our next session."

"Hi, Jessica. You'll be having the usual massage right? Along with some Love Games? "

"Ofcourse, I can't wait. I've been rooting for - "

"Oh I almost forgot! Everly this is Jessica. She's one of Wingmen's most frequent client. "

Jessica smirks and looks me up and down. Her grip on Nick tightens as she appraises me smugly.
"So you're the new he's been spending so much time with lately. Shawn, right?"
This girl has catty written all over her, but she IS one of the Wingmen's biggest client. I should play nice for Nick's sake atleast, so I paste on a brilliant fake smile.

"Hey Jessica! And yep Shawn's the name, though I prefer to go by Everly."

"That's nice Shawn."
Jessica gives me on last look, then turns right back to Nick. Her hand rests on his chest, but he leans away.

"So Nick...Do you have any plans for this week?" she asks him in a flirty way

"Nothing crazy. First week of classes remember? I'm going to focus on my academic."
Uh...I'm not imagining this right? She's totally ignoring me and now she's all over Nick. Is she into Nick? Or maybe she wants all three Wingmen? Either way , I don't think Nick is having it.

"Ohh but you are so funny and smart! You don't need to study this early in the quarter. "

Nick laughs awkwardly as he gently brushes Jessica's hand off him.
"Uh, right. But you can never be too careful, am I right?"

As Jessica leans in closer. Nick glances at me with wide eyes and mouths Help me. I have to help him, but how? I can flirt back with him to make Jessica jealous. I put my game face on and stare in Jessica's direction.
"You know if Nick ever needed a tutor, I could teach him."

I step in between Jessica and Nick then lean against him as I whisper in his ear.
"Follow my lead. We'll make her jealous. "
Nick nods and I squeeze his shoulder. He smile at me, his sweet look back in full force.

"I didn't realize you were such a good student. So you've got the good looks, humor and smart? I'm so lucky."

"No I'm the lucky one. I've only been here for three days, and you're already so good to me, aren't you?"

We both act according to my plan and its actually working.
"Um Nick?You know I'm still here, right?"

"Nick did you hear something? "
I said looking at Jessica from corner of my eyes.

"Nope. Must've been your imagination."

As Jessica stomps off I and Nick walk over to the middle of campus, laughing with each other.
"Y-you won't get in trouble for blowing off her like that?" I said while gaining my control.

"Nah. Jessica will be all pouty for hot minute but she'll be her usual self by the end of the week."

Nick pats on my shoulder.
"Don't worry about her. She's one of our usual clients, but she gets jealous when she sees us with other girls. She's particularly obsessed with Ethan- he is the unattainable one after all. But I wouldn't worry about her."

"If you say so"

"I've got another class, but let's talk again soon, okay?"

Nick walks in other direction for his class leaving me alone in the campus. I start thinking about what I just promise Nick for. To seduce Ethan? I don't know how am I supposed to do that. First I will focus on making friendship with him, but will this all lead to more than that.