"Will if it isn't my favorite writer slash grumpy friend." Greeted Steve. I tried to brush those feelings and thoughts away as he welcomed me with a quick hug, but long enough to take in his cologne. I felt my heart make a backflip.

"Why did you wait out here?" I asked as soon as we pulled back and entered the place.

"'Cause we're not going to eat inside." He grinned, but went inside anyways.

"Wha- what do you mean? We're already inside." I said, catching up to him.

"Just order." He only replied. I tried to shrug it off, deciding what to order. Which is always the same order, I have no idea why do I waste time in thinking that I might change it.

As we received our order, instead of walking to the tables, Steve went through other door that I didn't even realize its existence until now. I was confused, but I followed him anyways to finally get the answer to my question. The door led to an outside park that belonged to McDonald's, and you can either sit on the grass as if you were in some kind of a picnic or you can sit on benches with tables attached to it.

"I've never seen this before." I stated, impressed.

"We didn't have time to look around much the past visits." He shrugged.

"Is that why you're obsessed with coming here?" I asked Steve, who was already staring at me.

"Like I told you, it's nice to change the work atmosphere from time to time." He smiled slyly. He led me to a less crowded table and placed our order on it.

"What? Not a sitting-on-grass eater?" I teased him as I sat next to him on the bench.

"Just eat your food, Jefferson." He ordered me, trying to sound serious but failing as a hint of smile appeared on his face.

We started eating in silence first, then we talked about the future of the project and our companies and eventually we started finishing up on the last part we were assigned to translate. Throughout the day I couldn't stop the voice in my head that kept saying that this is the last time we'll work together and I can't believe how much his presence grown on me these past few weeks. It affected me greatly so much that I don't want this to end, and it sounds so weird coming from me.

My phone buzzed on the table as a message appeared on my lockscreen, cutting my thoughts off. I glanced at the screen while Steve's eyes were glued on the page he was writing some notes on, it was a message from Niall asking if there's a change to wrap up early so that we can hang out.

Without thinking, I turned the screen back off again.

I glanced back at Steve, who still hasn't moved from the position he was in.

Who would've thought that pouring coffee on strangers can make you this close to them? He was a total flirt when we first met, showing off his perfect body and the charming smile of his. I remember that there was a moment between us where we almost kissed before we got interrupted. I wonder what would've happened if we weren't, though? Would it have changed everything between us? Why do I even feel this curious to know?

"Are you going to do this every time we start working?" Steve's voice cut me off. I snapped out my loop of questions I got myself into. I sighed in frustration.

"I'm sorry, Steve. I feel so weird these days." I hid my face with my hand.

Why am I thinking about this stuff? I don't even have feelings for Steve! ...do I?

"Hey, what's wrong? Talk to me." He softly said, taking my hand away to take a good look at my face. I stayed silent. I have no idea what to say and I don't want to make things weird between us.