Chapter 43- Indentations

Start from the beginning

She shook her head, "Maybe we should head back."

"Yeah."

I adjusted the rucksack on my back and then slung my crossbow over my shoulder before looking at Carol making sure she was ready for the walk back. I hope this was going to be enough.

Mia's p.o.v

I watched on as Scarlett ran around the backyard giggling away trying to catch the butterflies she was my little beacon of hope I look away for a second seeing a dark figure strutting towards me I glanced back at Scarlett only to see she was never there it was just our empty abandoned yard.

"Suppose I'm saving your ass again." The figure said the Southern accent ringing a bell.

"Daryl?"

"I shouldn't have left you."

I watched as the figure faded and everything seemed to vanish it was just empty and I remembered everything, being sick and wounded but also begging Daryl to leave me behind like the stubborn bitch I am.

"I'm dead aren't I?"

"You're not supposed to be here."

I turned to see my mother my real one standing their looking just as I remembered her long brown hair, Sky blue eyes and pink plump lips. She smiled taking me in her arms I was totally screwed if I was seeing her.

"So I'm dead right?"

"So positive but that's up to you."

"Up to me? I'm seeing people who are dead."

She laughed, "Dead or not it's up to you with a little help from the so called dead people whether you're going to make it."

"I'm really sick Huh?"

She nodded, "And that Daryl is trying his best to save you, so either you fight or you give up."

"That's an easy question to answer."

"Scarlett's beautiful." She smiled looking over to her right.

There she was again playing in her favourite dress and boots just being her normal self my heart ached maybe I'd be better off dead at least I'd be with her. I close my eyes for a second and upon reopening them they were gone but there stood me and Daryl where we first met.

They found me on one of their runs to a nursery Daryl and Glen that was. Of course Glen was more kind Daryl as suspected had his guard up. I remember it like it was just yesterday.

"Put your weapons down." He ordered,

"I'm not sure if your dumb or blind but I'm a bag of bones I ain't about to take on two grown men." I huffed placing my bow and quiver down on the floor along with my knife and unloaded gun.

"Why are you here?" Glen asked,

"Looking for some blankets."

"You got a group?" Daryl asked,

I laughed, "Nope just me like usual."

They both look at each other like they were mentally asking each other questions, Daryl relaxed and lowered his crossbow I smirked as I watched the memory it was like a little movie. I studied the way Daryl watched me the same look as always.

"How many walkers have you killed?" Glenn asked,

"Too many to count."

"How many people? Daryl questioned,

"Three."

"Why?"

"Tried to kill me." I shrugged,

"What's your Name?" Daryl asked biting his lip.

"Mia, Mia Asbury."

"I'm Glen and that's Daryl." He said pointing beside him.

"So can I go now you've finished asking me these pointless questions?"

"You can leave but we have a group we're holding up in the prison your welcome to join us."

I watched myself look down at my shoes I remember what I was thinking I was hungry that was the main thing and then as soon I agreed to join them the memory faded it was back to the emptiness I just frowned looking around what now?

Daryl's p.o.v

When we arrived back everybody was awake and giving the medical supplies to Hershel hoping what I'd gotten was enough to make Mia better. I didn't really notice how quiet it was until I made my way over to Mia it seemed like there was tension.

"Suppose I'm saving your pansy ass again." I said sitting beside her. "I shouldn't have left you."

She didn't respond she looked almost dead so pale and so still since the day I met her she always had that I'm a fighter feel but now I weren't sure. I closed my eyes for a moment before hearing someone clear there throat it was Rick, he had a concerned look pasted on his face and I didn't like it one bit.

"What?"

"Daryl there's something you should know..."

I sat myself up a little, "And what's that?"

Rick reached for Mia's right arm holding her wrist whilst pushing her sleeve up, my breath caught in my throat as Rick revealed it this couldn't be happening she wasn't she couldn't be.
She was bit. I didn't take my eyes off her bite you could see every indentation the teeth made how couldn't I have seen that?

Oh snap. So uh sorry I've left this on a cliff hanger. Tell me what you thought of Mia's dream kind of thing.. -shrugs- I thought it was a cool idea but it'd be nice to see your feedback. Will try updating again within this week if not I do apologise. Thanks for all the reads and comments ❤️
~Rainie