Chapter 27

Chapter is not spell/gramma checked so sorry for any mistakes.

I made my way back to the dodge placing my bow and backpack on the passengers seat and closed the door as I sat down in front of the steering wheel and the more I sat there the more I felt unsafe so before any walkers could show there self I headed back to camp making sure no body followed.

"Did you get everything? Are you okay? Carol said approaching me as I got out of the dodge,

"Yeah, and I told you I'd be fine." I smiled.

"Thank god." She smiled pulling me in for a hug.

"Everything okay whilst I was gone?"

"Yeah couple walkers but I took them out." Carl said not taking his eyes off the gate.

"Your a good kid you know that? You mom would be so proud of you." I smiled squeezing his shoulder,

"Thanks."

"Not forgetting Judith, man she's got it easy with a big brother like you protecting her cute little butt." I laughed.

He chuckled a little and relaxed himself, "Yeah I'm pretty awesome." He boasted,

I walked towards the logs that were placed around the burnt out fire which was also where Hershel,Beth,Judith and now Carol were sat, they all sat there with small chatter and when I sat down they all thanked me.

"Thought I'd just get it out of the way just do not mention it to Rick and especially Daryl, they'll both kill me." I smiled faintly.

"You seem more relaxed after going on that run though." Hershel said.

"Yeah but I still feel worried, for all of them it's become so much more dangerous now."

They all nodded in agreement and we all sat there together embracing the little bit of silence we had, no walker moans, no cry for help just silence, I decided to go join Carl again he looked pretty lonely and I did grab a couple bars of candy which happened to still be in date.

"Hey." I smiled sitting next to him,

"Hi." He smiled but kept his eyes on the gate.

"Want some candy?"

He looked at my hand that I held out and his smile grew wider, he took a couple chocolate bars and then some various other candy I had he sat there scoffing his little face and it made me happy to see him being a kid again.

"Thanks Mia, your really awesome you know that?"

"Aw,Thanks anytime you want to join me and Daryl hunting or when I go on my sneaky runs maybe you can join me."

"Really?"

"Yeah I mean why not keep you active get some candy and supplies all in all I still have you to save my ass." I giggled.

"Awesome, not sure dad would be too happy."

"C'mon we are both pretty capable of saving each other's butts so what he don't know won't hurt."

A cute little grin appeared on his face somehow I think I cheered Carl up I'm mostly trying to make him feel like a kid again it's gotta be tough taking on all these responsibilities and loosing people he cares for.

"Is that them?" Carl asking pointing.

"I think so, where's Daryl? He always rides infront." I said trying not to panic.

We quickly unlocked the gate and I went out and took down the walkers that were lurking around so they'd be able to get through, I waited for them to drive through the gate and Daryl was no where to been seen.

"Where is he!?" I panicked looking at Rick as he got out of the Hyundia.

"We got caught up in a herd heading back we had to take different routes, we didn't see him after that." He sighed.

"And you didn't go back! Didn't even see if he was still alive!" I yelled pulling my hair,

"Mia calm down." Glenn said squeezing my shoulder, "He's gonna be okay he's probably already heading back."

"And what if he isn't? Then what!? He could be injured or dead!" I yelled again pushing Glenn away from me,

"I wasn't going back and risking anyone else's lives, Daryl's tough he'll make it back."

"But you don't know that! I should of gone with you." I cried being pulled into carols arms.

"It's okay honey." She soothed rubbing my back.

"Maybe you should take her into the trailer calm her down." Michonne suggested.

"No!" I snapped pulling away from Carol.

"Mia c'mon honey."

"I'm not just gonna sit here! We can't leave him!"

"Mia we can't do anything there was too many of them!" Glenn said raising his voice slightly,

"Glenn's right we couldn't do anything.." Maggie said defending Glenn.

"Don't give me that, if it was Maggie you'd of never left! You'd be fighting to find her wouldn't you! Same with her, same with Rick if it was Carl! But just because it was Daryl and he seems tough enough we'll leave him!" I snapped. "I'm going back out there!"

I pushed passed them digging the keys for dodge out of my pocket and storming towards it swinging the door open and pulling myself up, Rick and Glenn obviously came after me but I wasn't giving up without a fight.

"Enough,you know the rules no one goes out alone."

"Oh Rick save it! I've been out on a run already okay? I'm going out there and I'm finding Daryl some friends you are!" I yelled slamming the door shut and starting up the engine.

Carl opened the gate and I sped off out of the gate not even giving it a second thought the amount of danger I could put myself into, I knew where about the school was so I headed in that direction and what I found made me feel even worse.

I slowly got out of the dodge holding my knife firm in hand and slowly approaching the walker that was munching on a body, I didn't know who it was neither did I want to know but Daryl's bike was here so it only sent bad thoughts running through my mind.

"You son of a bitch!" I whispered to myself striking it in the head.

I yanked my knife from its skull and pushed its lifeless body out of the way to reveal what it was taking a bite from, it was a female which was good news but it still didn't help me get any closer to finding Daryl.

"Where the hell are you?"I sighed pulling at my hair.

I stood there looking at my surroundings, it didn't look like there had been any kind of herd I'm pretty sure the bodies would still be here so it must mean Daryl's been on his bike and travelled here so he's gotta be around somewhere.

"Dixon!" I yelled.

I heard nothing but the trees moving in the wind and although noise attracts walkers calling out for him is the only way I will find him if he's here, I decided to look for some tracks and soon enough I found some I mean he doesn't exactly have small feet so it makes it easier.

"Dixon where are you?" I sighed leaning up against tree.

"You promised me." I whispered to myself.

I was sure I'd been looking for hours and it was now getting dark and I'd lost his tracks I just hope where ever he is he's okay, I decided to get back to the dodge and spend the night maybe I can pick up where I left off in the morning.

Oh so Daryl's now missing...? What did you think to Mia blowing up at Glenn and Rick? Well tell me what you think, vote and also check out "The Only Way He Knows" Daryl Dixon Pre Apocalyptic story I've posted one chapter only to see what you think and if I should keep writing and don't forgot my Norman Reedus story too :) love you guys thanks for the reads,comments and votes! X