Chapter 51- Bruises

Sorry for any mistakes.

She rubbed her small hands over her face whining how she missed a good sleep, I could only agree with here I couldn't remember the last time I slept without waking up once or twice, I helped her up and we gathered our things making our way back.

"Where'd you go?" Rick asked walking towards us.

"Went to see if we could find any water." Mia said,

"Any luck?"

"Five bottles of fresh water." She said passing him one.

He looked at this water like it was an alien before looking back to us and thanking us. Mia proceeded to join everybody inside sharing out this water. Everything was so different now, we didn't have something as secure the prison or trailer park, we were constantly running.

Mia's p.o,v

What were we to do apart from keep going? Surviving? That's all we knew now, that what this world is built for survivors. The hot sun was still beating down on us and even though we had some water it wouldn't last us.
The group had decided to make their way towards a town, maybe some supplies, if we're lucky a place to stay that's what it was all about but I'm just tired of running.

"You alright?" Daryl asked squeezing my hand.

"Just so hot." I mumbled.

"I know, here drink." He said holding the half empty bottle out to me.

I licked my dry lips looking at the refreshing bottle of water, I took it and slowly let the water trickle down my throat remembering that I had to share this with the others and it wasn't just for me. I look to Daryl holding the bottle to him only for him to reject the offer.

"You gotta drink too."

"I'll be alright, promise."

I took his word for it and screwed the lid back on and passed it on to the others, it wasn't the most hygienic but heck look where we are? In the middle of no where. Through out the day I started to become more frustrated more hopeless.

"If we spilt up into three groups we can cover more of it." Rick said.

I looked down to Mine and Daryl's hands which were still connected and I knew Rick would want Daryl at his side. Abrahams group pus Maggie and Glenn went one way whilst Sasha ,Tyreese ,Carol,Noah and myself went a separate way.

"You okay? Seem a little off." Carol asked

I looked back at Daryl and then to Carol, "Im just tired."

"What happened? You didn't just go to find water did you?"

"It wasn't anything bad, I just don't feel right with out him, what if one of us doesn't come back?"

"Neither of you are going anywhere."

I looked at my feet before pulling my knife from its holster and going my own way. There's always something, some sort of drama with me. I suppose I didn't see a point anymore. I wasn't feeling for a while and I suppose last night opened that up again. I feel everything.

Daryl's p.o.v

I kept my head down listening to my own boots scuff the road surface and Michonne and Rick mutter on about anything and everything. I looked over to Carl who carried himself so well he wasn't really a kid anymore, wasn't who he was back at the prison I suppose that's what this world does to you.

"Daryl?" Michonne asked.

"Huh?"

"Your going with Rick to scout round for a safe place to sleep tonight."