Chapter Eight - Dreaming of Charisma

Start from the beginning

Hikaru just stared at him with wide eyes.

"You still don't know, what really matters," Naruto said shakily.

Naruto was crying as well, I realized after a moment. Hikaru was clearly affected by the words judging by the expression on his face before he visibly steeled himself before speaking up.

"Alright," Hikaru said firmly. "Let's go save my father."

The same soldier who had spoken before jumped to his feet in alarm, another protest on his lips.

"Be calm," Kakeru said quietly, as I slowly helped him to his feet.

Cries of 'Your majesty!', 'Grandfather!', 'Kakeru-sama!' started up all around the clearing as they celebrated his return to full health. I was feeling a bit left out, so I joined in as well.

"Old man Kakeru!" I cried in surprise, "You're healed! It's a miracle!"

Kakeru turned to stare at me dryly, and Korega made a strangled noise in the back of his throat at the disrespect while Kakashi turned away for a moment to hide his amusement.

"A miracle indeed," Kakeru said amused, before turning back to his grandson.

I left them alone for a moment to go talk to Sakura, who had the lowest hp of the ninja. I checked Naruto already, but his health had already returned to 1600/2100. Something like 500+ hp in a couple of hours, his regeneration rate was insane. Sakura had easily noticed my approach, and I slowed down to make sure she didn't think I was being aggressive or anything.

I noted that Kakashi had somehow moved much closer while I wasn't looking almost between my first and second step, no doubt assuming I was about to suddenly reveal myself as the fourth enemy ninja and gank them.

"Sakura, you're still at less than full health," I said pleasantly, "Do I have your permission to heal you?"

Sakura glanced over at Kakashi or a moment before turning back and nodding.

"I already healed most of the cuts earlier, but there is some deeper tissue damage I can't fix on my own yet," Sakura said sheepishly.

I just nodded easily and held out my hand for her to take. Sakura looked at it strangely before placing her hand in my palm hesitantly. I silently used Heal, and my hand lit up with a bright green light.

"What on earth?" Sakura said quietly, abruptly staring down at her left hip.

I watched her hp rapidly fill back up and then dropped her hand once she was maxed out.

"There you go," I said easily, "Where's Naruto gone, he was the next most injured, I believe."

Sakura turned to face away from Kakashi and me for a moment, doing something with her shirt. Naruto must have heard his name because he bounced over a moment later looking curious.

"I'm going to heal you, is that cool?" I asked simply.

I wasn't going to force it on any of them, they might take a sudden attempt to heal them as an attack or something. Better to ask permission in this case, rather than forgiveness.

"Sure," Naruto said happily and took my hand when I held it out to him.

I hand to drop into Meditate halfway through healing him to regain enough Mana to keep the spell running, he had a lot of hp, and I was rather low now. It eventually filled up though and I let him go as well. I offered to heal Kakashi, but he was still sitting just below full health he had barely been touched in his fight.

"No thank you, I managed to avoid any injuries during the battle," Kakashi said easily.

Lee was still talking to one of the soldiers, but Naruto ran over to get him.