Chapter 15

Ace P.O.V

It's been eleven days and I've been drinking the days away. Not even Liam could bring me out of this. I'm sitting in my third-floor office, staring blankly at my bottle of whiskey.

Suddenly, the door opens and a very determined Emmalin barges in. Wordlessly, she marches over to my desk ad grabs the bottle. Walking over to the window, she checks to make sure nobody is in the way, before dropping the bottle. Well, there goes a thousand-dollar bottle.

"Get up." She demands. Nick is silently watching from the doorway. When I don't move, Emmalin slaps me across the face. I'm so stunned, I've lost my voice. Nicholas tries to hold in a laugh, but fails.

"Did you just slap me?" I ask her.

"As a matter of fact, I did." She folds her arms. "Listen here, buddy. You need to get up and get to the hospital."

"I can't see her like that." I murmur softly.

"Think about it from another point of view." She says. "Sofie. The love of your life, is in a coma fighting for her life, while you sit here drinking your problems away. Let's be honest, if she were here, she would probably kick your ass. She needs you now. Get up, take a shower, and get your ass to the hospital." With that, the two of them leave my office.

Emmalin is right. I need to be there for Sofie.

***

"Ah, you made it." Emma says, once I get to the hospital.

"Where's everyone else?" I ask.

"We told them to go home. We should get some rest, too, angel." Nick says. Emma gives a tired nod and stands up.

"Hey sweets." I whisper, taking her delicate hand in mine. "I'm really sorry I couldn't be here the past few days. It hurt to see you like that." I let out a breath.

"Kitten, everyone is worried about you. Please wake up? I miss you so much." I kiss her hand over and over again. "I wanted to tell you this in a different way, but I can't hold it in any longer. I love you, sweets. I love you so damn much." I feel a gentle squeeze on my hand, making my head snap up. "Sofie?"

"It's about damn time you said the words." She says groggily.

Sofie P.O.V.

I'm in a completely white room with no door and no windows.

"Hello?" I call out.

"Oh, there you are." I freeze when I hear the voice of my mother.

"Where am I?" I demand.

"Relax Sofia, I'm dead. You're in a coma." She rolls he eyes. I honestly would like to punch her face right now.

"I need to leave. Let me out of here." I say, searching for an exit.

"Now now Sofie, you'll leave eventually. Tell me, how are you and Emmalin doing?" She sits on the ground and gestures for me to join her.

"After everything you've done to Emmy and I, you honestly thought I would sit down and have a chat with you? Shouldn't you be getting high with Carter somewhere?" I snap. My mother's entire face changes.

"I think we both know why that can't happen, Sofia." That's all she said, before the whole room changed. I'm back in my body, but I can't seem to open my eyes.

That is, until Ace speaks. He loves me! Using all of my energy, I squeeze his hand. I hear his gasp. "Sofie?"

"It's about damn time you said those words." I say. My throat feels like sandpaper. Ace wrap is arms around me as best he could, trying to be careful of my wounds.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." He repeats with tears streaming down both of our faces.

"I love you, too." I whisper. "Um, could you get me some water?" I ask. Immediately, Ace grabs a paper cup and brings it to my lips.

"Oh, Sofia, you're awake!" A middle-aged man holding a clipboard says. "My name is doctor Rodgers."

"Are you going to say 'you gave us quite a fright' by any chance?" I ask, earning a chuckle.

"Actually no, I only use that once a day and I've reached my limit." I crack a smile. "You're quite lucky to be alive right now. Being shot three times is not something to be taken lightly." I feel Ace tense beside me, so I squeeze his hand reassuringly.

"How long was I out?"

"Eleven days." Ace whispers. I still haven't forgotten about the fact that he hasn't been here, but I'll talk to him about that later.

"That's right. Now, I have a few tests to run." Dr Rodgers says, ushering in a nurse.

"How are you feeling, sweets?" Ace asks after they leave.

"Like you look like iron man." I say, then giggle like it's the funniest thing in the world. Ace looks panicked, and quickly calls a nurse.

"She's acting weird!" He exclaims, making the nurse giggle.

"Relax, Mr Adornetto. She's simply reacting to the pain killers. Some people become extremely sleepy, some sad, some angry, some crazy, and some can even be all of them." She taps him twice on the shoulder before leaving.

"Acey!" I squeal, making grabby hands at him like a toddler.

"Hey kitten." He chuckles. Suddenly, the door to my room opens and everyone walks in. My brothers, Nick and Emmy, Alessandro and Arabella, and Ace's brothers, whom I consider mine too.

"Sof!" Emma cries, giving me a gentle hug. I cup her face in my hand, and realise it's really soft. "Um, what is she doing?" She asks Ace, and I keep pinching her cheeks.

"Pain killers." He replies.

Everyone took a turn to hug me, while I giggled the whole way through.

"How are you feeling, bambina?" (babygirl) Luca asks me.

"I feel like I was hit by superman, and then burst into sparkles and magically started to fly." I say honestly. Everyone chuckles lightly, causing my lip to quiver slightly.

"Why are you guys laughing at me?" I ask, my eyes filling with tears.

"Hey, don't cry." Ace says, sitting down beside me. "We're just glad that you're better now." He says, brushing a few strands of hair off my forehead.

"Oh." I say smiling. My tears already forgotten. "I think I'm going to take a small nap now."

"I'm surprised the pain killers took so long to put you to sleep." A nurse says coming into the room.

That's the last thing I heard before my eyelids were too heavy to keep open.