Chapter 8

Sofie P.O.V

One month later...

Ace: Why are you still awake?

Me: Well, let's see, somebody wanted to talk to me because he was bored.

At about nine, I got a text from Ace telling me he was bored and wanted to talk. Bradly lives on campus, and Daniel had some party tonight.

Ace: Who is this person? How dare they keep you up until half past three in the morning!

I let out a laugh. I've fallen deep and I now it. what surprises me though, is the fact that I don't care.

Hearing a spraying noise, I look up at the small ventilator in my wall. My eyes widen when I see a sort of gas being emitted. I take a small sniff and my eyes widen. Chloroform. I hold my breath and run out of my room. Pressing he panic button on my bracelet in the process. I run to Enzo's room, and he's unconscious, so is everyone else. As I'm about to call Ace, my phone rings in my hand just as I hear footsteps downstairs. Nick's name flashes across my screen, because his phone is also connected to my bracelet.

I jump into a closet we keep in the hallway, and sit down, answering the phone.

"Nick!" I whisper.

"Sofie? What happened? Why did you click the panic button?" I can hear Emmy in the background.

"Nick, someone added chloroform into the ventilators. The boys are unconscious." I whisper yell. "I can hear people downstairs, Nick. I'm scared."

"Shit." He mutters under his breath. "Sofie where are you now?" I sigh before answering.

"Hiding in a closet." I whisper. There is silence on the other end.

"Stay there, I'm on my way, I have some of my men coming, too. Stay on the line, okay?"

"I need to call Ace." I say, more to myself.

"Nick, he's closer to her, and could get there faster." I hear Emmy say in the background.

"Okay Sofie, call him and stay on the line with him okay?" I hear the sound of a car door closing, and end the call. Dialling Ace's number.

"Hey sweets, you okay? You stopped texting." He sounds worried, but I relax slightly by hearing his voice.

"Ace, I need you to come over. Now." I hear keys being grabbed.

"Kitten, what's going on?"

"Someone put Chloroform in the ventilators, and everyone is unconscious. Nick said to call you. There are people downstairs, and I..." I ramble on and on.

"Hey, calm down gattina. I'll be there in less than five minutes. How many people do you hear?" (kitten)

"I don't know, maybe ten? Shh, they're coming up." I whisper. There are voices directly outside my hiding place.

"Where the hell is she?" The first voice says.

"I don't know. Boss said five guys and a girl." I try my best not to breathe.

"Check all the closets and bathrooms, she might be hiding!" a new voice yells from downstairs. Dammit.

"Shit." I hear Ace's voice. He must have heard that, too.

"I'll start here, you go to the bedrooms." I look around, and find a bottle of bleach, opening it at softly as I could.

The door opens, and my eyes widen. The man smirks. He has a beer belly and a beard. Without thinking twice, I throw the bleach right at him.