Chapter 3

Sofia P.O.V

I grab my backpack, and leave the house. I'm wearing a pair of leggings, a blue sports bra, and a loose top over it. Dancing is my escape, and an escape is what I need today.

"Good morning, Sofie." Stefano, my bodyguard greets me.

"Morning Stefano!" I chirp, getting into the passenger seat. Before you ask, yes, I do have a license and know how to drive, but I hate it with a passion. When I get behind the wheel, I freeze up completely.

"Here we are." Stefano says after a few minutes.

"Thanks for driving me, Fano." I say, giving him a kiss on the cheek. I walk through the warehouse, wondering where everyone is, when I bump into a wall. Well, pretty much a wall, except this wall's name is Ace.

"Couldn't wait to see me again?" The nerve of this guy. I give him a hard glare and he chuckles. "What are you doing here, kitten?" Kitten? Who is he calling kitten?

"Well, your royal highness, I am here to fetch Trevor for rehearsal. Do I have your permission, your royal rudeness?" I say with a dramatic bow and sarcasm dripping off my voice.

"Actually, you don't." Huh? "We have a raid in half an hour. I need my best men there."

"Hey, mango. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I literally just found out." Trevor says, appearing by my side.

"And how are we supposed to dance? I need to dance today." I huff.

"Do it here." Both me and Trevor snap our eyes to Ace's. "Everyone is out, apart from a few members, so you might as well do it here with the time you have." I think about it for a minute, before nodding my head. Just then, a girl with bleach-blonde hair and fake everything comes up to us.

"Hey, Ace." She purrs. "I just came here to say hi, and I think I left my purse in your office. I'll just go get it." She says, placing a hand on her arm.

"Yo, capo, why do you let everyone in your office?" Trevor asks.

"Because I don't keep anything there." I don't take my eyes off the girl. A wave of jealousy comes over me, and I have no idea why.

"Hi Jake..." She purrs again, earning a glare from Jake.

"Does she forget she's married?" Ace grunts. I change my voice into a high pitched one.

"Oh my gosh!" I squeal dramatically. "That is so hilarious!" I twirl a strand of hair between my fingers. "I would totally get my purse from your office, but I wouldn't want to break a nail. Could you imagine how terrible that would be? I could pass out from the mere thought of it! Catch me Trevor!" I fall back, and Trevor catches me with ease. He and I have been partners for years, meaning I am able to completely trust me.

Ace rolls his eyes at my antics, but I see a small smile on his lips. He tells us he has work to do, and we begin practice. Ten minutes into the routine, and I still haven't worked off my energy.

"You need to fight." Trevor says, reading my mind. I nod, and head to the fighting mat. The way the mat is positioned, allows Ace to have a perfect view of us. When we make eye contact, he has a worried expression on his face, seeing as I'm going against Trevor. "You ready?" He asks, and I nod. Two minutes later, and Trevor is flat on his back, groaning from pain. I help him up, and we each grab a bottle of water.

Ace is looking at me with a guilty expression. Good. He should feel bad. He shouldn't have assumed stuff about me. "Trev, where's the bathroom?" I ask, and he points me in the right direction.

As I'm washing my hands, a red light catches my eyes behind one of the soap dispensers. I take a closer look, and gasp when I see a bomb. I should probably mention the fact that I've had a fear of fire since I was five and was dragged back into a burning building.

I was on auto-pilot as I defused the bomb in a matter of seconds. Sprinting out of the bathroom, I barge into Ace's office. He seemed shocked. I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm wearing a sports bra, or that I just barged in here. I slam the bomb down on his desk, and watch as he becomes rigid.

"Relax, it's defused, so it can't..." I trail off when I see the inscription. "Chicken wings." I mutter under my breath, and go back into auto-pilot. "Ace, it's a twin bomb. There's another one somewhere in the building. Get me to the men's bathroom." He nods wordlessly, and I sprint after him to the men's room. Thank goodness it was empty. I look behind the soap dispenser, and diffuse the bomb. As soon as I was done, I felt as though a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"Where the hell did you learn to diffuse a bomb?!" Ace demands.

"It was playing on the screen at the hardware store I went to with Luca." I say, still in a daze.

"You really think I'm going to believe that?" He asks, and I suddenly get angry.

"Listen here, Ace." I snap. "You really need to stop making stupid assumptions. I happen to have a photographic memory. I have had enough of you..." I trail off again when I look at the diffused bomb. The inscription on this one is somehow different to the one from earlier. That's when it hit me, and I began to panic.

"Trevor!" I yell at the top of my lungs. He and Jake come rushing, and I'm glad they didn't take too long. "I need you guys to get everyone out of the building. There are more bombs here, and I don't know how many." They both run off, and I follow suit, not sparing Ace another glance.

Ace P.O.V

She leaves without sparing me another glance, and I feel like a complete idiot. I should have believed her. I don't think her mind has registered the fact that she just saved the lived of everyone in this building.

I exit the bathroom and make sure that nobody is still inside, before sprinting outside. A few seconds later, a loud boom was heard, and the entire building erupted in flames.

"Where's Sofia?!" Trevor asks, running up to me. My mind went on high alert, and I looked around. "Don't worry, she isn't inside, but the problem is that she has major pyrophobia. Fear of fire." Dammit. I start looking for her everywhere, and eventually find her curled up near a car, on the verge of a panic attack.

I rush up to her and pull her into my lap, my hand or her head so that her ear is on my chest.

"Shh, it's okay. You're safe now, alright? Just listen to my heartbeat, okay?" I keep rocking her back and forth, until eventually she calmed down. I check her over for any injuries, and she seems fine. I look up when I hear five cars pull up. Sofie's eyes are closed, but I know she isn't asleep by how tightly she's clutching me.

The Folliero brothers, as well as Nicholas Donatello come running up to us.

Dante tries to take Sofie, but she doesn't know who it is, and hold on to me tighter, while letting out a heart-breaking whimper.

"Hey princess, it's just me, Dante." He coos, and she slowly opens her eyes, and holds out her arms for him to carry her.

"Don't look at the building." Antonio instructs her. She let's out a small nod, and closes her eyes again. Nick helps me up, and I stare at the burning building. Who the hell did this?

Once I've explained exactly what happened, Antonio gets some of his men to take care of the building. While he's on a call, and Dante is speaking with Gio while holding a sleeping Sofie in his arms. Suddenly, Enzo, Luca and Nick stand in front of me with glares on their faces.

"What?" I ask, and they look at Sofie.

"You like her." Enzo accuses.

"Yes, I do." I say, not finding a reason to hide it from anyone.

"She likes you, too." Luca grumbles admittedly. I look at him with furrowed brows. After the stupid things I've said, I highly doubt that.

"Are you going to hurt her?" Nick asks with one eyebrow raised.

"Not intentionally." I say, and he smiles, almost as of remembering something from the past.

"Well, I approve." He says, patting my back, and walking towards Sofie.

"I'm still watching you." The twins say at the same time. That's really creepy.

"Right. Well, I'm just hoping Antonio will be fine with it so I can speak with her." They seem impressed with the idea of asking permission first.

I really hope she likes me.