Stormy Weather

hey,,,psst,, this chapter is ABO-

(but also no r18 srry if yall h*rny for that lmao im not mentally prepared or skilled enough to write that yet I'm sorry-)
ok there's the warning have fun everyone who decided to stick around alright cool bye

Mafu thought he was managing fine without his mate for the most part. Yes, it was a little bit lonely without a certain dark haired male around to keep him company, but he could afford to keep himself company, usually spending most of his days doing chores that he had put off for so long, and continuing to work on his new book. He was in a completely secure environment, being able to work at home and being stocked up on enough heat-suppressant pills to last him years on end, but somehow, Mafu didn't feel quite as safe as he did when Soraru was around. Nevertheless, the albino knew full well that whatever work that needed to be done abroad was important for the older male, and while he would've preferred to just tackle Soraru down and cuddle with him until he had no desire to leave, the alpha had a job to do, and the sooner that he left, the sooner he would return to Mafu's arms.

It was always the loneliest at night, knowing that there was a cold empty spot beside him on the bed and no warmth of his partner wrapped around him, but his constant reminders that the older male would only be gone for so many days gave him enough comfort to drift into a relatively peaceful sleep.

And surprisingly enough, his daily routines spent by himself had come to an end. The albino had just gotten off the phone with his mate, excitedly skipping to the kitchen in order to surprise him with a nice meal when he returned home later in the night.

After a continuous back and forth phone call from the couple, with Mafu's stubborn insistence on picking up the older male from the airport when he arrived, Soraru had finally managed to convince the albino against the idea, the older male arguing that he wouldn't be able to hold back from smothering the omega with hugs and kisses when he saw him again, which would be quite terrible if they first reunited in a public place. And while Mafu wanted to see the older male as soon as possible, he couldn't deny that he would probably act in a similar fashion when seeing Soraru again. Finally convinced, the albino was just about to mention something about work before he heard an announcement from the loudspeaker from Soraru's end, picking up a few words such as 'boarding' and 'terminal 3', frowning at the realisation that this would unfortunately be the end of their conversation.

"Sorarun, do you have to go now?" He whined, although already knowing the answer.

"Mm, I think so..." There was a slight rustling noise as the older male stood up, the announcements from the airport becoming louder as he did so. "Alright, I think I need to board now... Love you Maffy, I'll see you in a few hours, okay? Bye, darling." Soraru's voice resonated from the albino's phone before unceremoniously cutting off, Mafu lifting his phone away from his ear only to be met with the sight of an ended call.

Deciding that moping around until his mate returned was probably not the best use of time, the albino settled on giving the older male a warm welcome home, which had lead him to the kitchen, now in the middle of singing softly to himself as he cooked a large meal for the two of them.

In the midst of all the commotion in the kitchen however, the albino almost didn't notice the sudden but soft sound of rain thudding against the pane of the window besides him. Never being a huge fan of the rain himself, Mafu frowned slightly at the sight, pulling the shutters down and silently praying for the weather to not escalate in intensity, for his sake, and Soraru's. Shuddering at the thought of the older male's trip back being delayed, the albino shook his head, trying to clear his mind of such a thought, continuing on with his task.