AtR Quest

"Soraru-san, I'm back! I've got some news from Lon!" The albino announced as he slammed the front door of the little house open, taking off his cloak and hanging it up.

"Hey honey... How's she doing? I haven't heard from her in a while." The dark haired man replied tiredly from the dining table as he flipped through a thick and worn book, barely glancing up at the source of noise.

"Her apothecary is really great! The potions she can make are amazing! She's gave us some cakes too, but she asked us for a favour so I agreed obviously." Mafu explained as he walked passed his partner, opening a cabinet and storing the bag of pastries away before scooting beside Soraru.

"A favour? What did she ask us to do?" The older male said, slightly more intrigued, looking up from his reading to stare at the albino.

"Apparently, in the forest where she gathers all her ingredients, there's been some weird activities going on... She asked around and the villagers told her that some bandits have been using the area as a base camp for a while... They've been terrorising the locals for the past few weeks so Lon had to treat quite a few injuries." Mafu informed, passing Soraru a map of the area and tapping lightly at the presumed base.

"Hm... That forest in particular always had a lot of resources, and I heard that there's some rare animals living there that would be easy hunting. The village near it is quite wealthy as well. It's an easy target for bandits, I'm not surprised they set up there." Soraru sighed, examining Lon's map.

"Did Lon tell you if it was a large base? We could storm it easily if there's less than twenty of them hiding out there." The older male mumbled, trying to form a battle plan.

"I actually snuck in and checked out the area before coming home... It doesn't seem that big, I'd say around ten people based on the living arrangements!"

"...What did I say about doing reckless things like that alone Mafu... You could've been caught or gotten hurt." Soraru frowned, flicking the albino's forehead in disapproval.

"It was fine! You know that I can handle myself! We may be super super strong together but my magic is pretty strong alone too! I've been practicing that really cool fire spell for a while too so I'd be able to try it out!"

"I know that, I'd just be with you just in case something happens." Soraru sighed, kissing his partner's cheek before closing the book in front of him.

"Alright, it takes around an hour to get there, so we'll be there and back by nightfall if we get going right now! No more reading Soraru-san, go get your sword!" The albino exclaimed, before reaching out to grab the thick book to put it away.

"Hey, Mafu that's mine-" The older male reached out, trying to take the book out of Mafu's hands.

"Oh? You're reading up on healing spells, Sorarun? What's a mighty knight like you doing, dabbling in magic? Do you not trust my amazing skills?" Mafu giggled, reading the cover before flipping through the contents of the book.

"I would never. It's just in case something happens and you can't use your spells. I don't want you getting hurt, and I'm making sure you don't get hurt doing something stupid." Soraru stuck his tongue out teasingly at the albino before leaving the room grab all of his travelling gear.

Hearing this answer, Mafu was left waiting at the door, blushing and clutching his partner's spell book tightly, a silly smile on his face.

Dark blue cloak wrapped around him and sword by his side, Soraru re-emerged, motioning for Mafu to open the door and begin their little journey. Grinning, Mafu grabbed the older male's hand before setting off in the familiar path towards Lon's house through the peaceful farmlands and the quaint little towns.