The Catboy Chronicles: Vol. 2

Soraru loved living with his boyfriend. It provided many benefits, most of which being the fact that he could spend time with the albino every single day and night, waking up and falling asleep with him in his arms.

However, that didn't mean there weren't difficulties in adjusting to their shared living space. Most of them were not major, usually traced back to Mafu's cat-like qualities, either biological or carried over into his behaviour or personality. Regardless if they led to more severe issues, the couple always found a way to help one another, being incredibly efficient in such matters. And as such, most problems had found solutions, such as their clothing issue.

But the biggest problem recently discovered issue still remained unresolved...

His boyfriend had a terrible habit of spontaneously falling asleep when he felt too warm, regardless of what he was doing and where he was.

Soraru assumed it was a cat trait which had carried over into his own genetics, which was not a rare occurrence as they had continuously discovered.

It wouldn't have been a huge deal either, or so Soraru thought. They were made aware of the behaviour during late autumn, with Mafu being found napping and sleeping more frequently, for longer than usual and generally much faster than Soraru would expect. On occasion, he would leave their bedroom or living room to close a window or grab a drink only to discover that Mafu was already fast asleep upon his return.

This was seemingly harmless, and Soraru already knew that cats had a penchant for sleeping for most of the day, so he had just let him be. As of recently, however, the risk of his boyfriend falling asleep had increased as the weather cooled down for winter, meaning that the already sweater-loving Mafu bundled himself in cosier and warmer clothing while they cranked the heater up for most of the day.

But this proved to be very dangerous, very quickly. Soraru once stumbled upon his boyfriend standing in the middle of the kitchen sleepily blinking, clearly struggling to keep half-closed eyes open while cooking dinner. He barely managed to swoop in and carry the albino to bed before his swaying body and droopy tail could fall against the lit stove and do possibly permanent damage to his fluffy cat features.

Since then, the older male had been on high alert, checking up on Mafu if he didn't hear any movement from him for longer than 15 minutes, the thought of his dear partner being hurt due to passing out on the spot keeping him on edge from dawn to dusk.

On one occasion, Soraru had stopped by his boyfriend's studio to check up on him and bring him snacks or a drink, only to find him sprawled on the floor.

The catboy was situated atop the heating vent on the floor, curled up in a little ball with his tail wrapped snugly around him. His sleep was peaceful with purrs scattered through small snores as warm air blew directly onto his body, only exacerbating his sleepiness.

Soraru almost wanted to just leave the albino there as he looked so relaxed, a small smile on his face as he surrounded himself in a little bubble of warmth.

But the floor couldn't be a very comfortable resting spot and the heating vent could possibly burn his sleeping boyfriend... Soraru made his decision, carefully stepping over to scoop him up.

Mafu didn't seem to react too dramatically when arms were wrapped around his body, simply sighing as his tail snaked around one of Soraru's wrists, ensuring that he didn't let go.

However, Mafu seemed dependent on a heat source to remain asleep, as the minute he was pried away from the vent, the catboy began to whine quietly, attempting to squirm back to the constant bursts of warm air.

Panicking, Soraru's first instinct was to hold the albino's head to his chest, unzipping his hoodie to shield him with a replaced source of heat. And that seemed to work well enough, as Mafu quickly abandoned his position on the floor, leaning to cling onto Soraru's body like a moth to a flame.