Merry Christmas!

"So-ra-run~"

Bundled in and appearing to melt within the layers of blankets pooling around his body and draping across the couch, Mafu whined at his husband, sat opposite to him on an armchair with a laptop perched on his lap, barely reacting to the albino's plea for attention.

"...Mn? What's up, Mafu?" He allowed a small peer to smile fondly at his husband, a tiny sweater-clad figure pouting at him, almost lost in the middle of the shield of blankets he forged, only visible due to how striking his white hair was amongst the layers of cotton.

"You're ignoring me! For work! On Christmas Eve!" He enunciated each point by lobbing any small plush he could get his hands on at the older male. Despite the amount of projectiles at the ready, only one small hanpen plush managed to land on Soraru's laptop, clattering against the keys eliciting a smug little hum in satisfaction from the albino.

"It's only 10, love. I can spend the last hour before Christmas with you, just give me five more minutes and I'll give you all the attention you want." As cute as his husband was, he did need to sort out a few things before clocking out to adore his Mafu, regardless of how huggable and soft he looked currently, dramatically glaring at him under warm glows of candlelight (which made it more "Christmassy", so he claimed...) and trying not to fall asleep due to how snugly wrapped in blankets he was. And so, Soraru poked his tongue out in response, lightly tossing the hanpen back towards his husband and attempting miserably to stifle a laugh which even more miserably masked as a cough as the soaring plush bumped against his nose before disappearing into the blanket mass, making Mafu squeak in surprise.

"That's what you said ten minutes ago! And you won't even join me on the couch, too! Mafu's pout only grew, patting the amble space beside him on the couch that was currently reserved by a Kirby plush before his eyes lit up with a new issue to complain to his husband about. Oh, and! You picked Ama-chan's cake over mine! It's Christmas Eve and you wouldn't even pick your own husband's creation he made with love for you when thousands of people were watching live!"

Soraru did at first want to clarify that he only sat apart from Mafu to get work done, as he was so damn cute that sitting in such close proximity would lead to Mafu crawling onto his lap and demanding attention which he could never deny. Or, Soraru would be giving him small kisses and hugs which would increase in intensity through his own subconscious desire to spoil the albino silly, which of course leads to no work being done either.

However, he had to be honest in saying that work was beginning to look rather dull now that a sleepy Mafu was incessantly calling for him, as well as needing to answer for picking their friend over his partner, regardless of the state of the cakes he was presented with...

Closing his laptop and standing up caused Mafu to quickly squeak in excitement, which was quickly muffled by his own hand as he blushed in embarrassment. Soraru laughed, heading over to his husband to kiss his forehead and cup his cheek, met with an almost purring noise to emit as the albino nuzzled into the touch.

"I love you so much, but I have to admit that I fear for my life and yours when you enter a kitchen, so I had to make a choice."

"The right choice would've still been to pick your best friend for ten years, your unit partner for five years, and your own husband! I bet you like Amatsuki more after all this time!" Mafu huffed in mock anger, gently biting Soraru's thumb which lingered a little too close to his lips. Of course, Soraru knew there was no malice or ill-intent behind the words, with the albino only baiting him into loving words and compliments which he was more than happy to give.

"It's okay, even if cooking is a struggle, you're still very good at picking out places to order our food from." Soraru reassured teasingly before sealing his lips with a kiss before a complaint could slip out. "And, I wouldn't propose to anyone but you. No one is allowed to annoy me every day of the year, including on Christmas and Christmas Eve except Maffy."