{28.}

Walking out of the bathroom Sammi stood in front of the full length mirror buttoning his blue button down shirt placing a tie around his neck grabbing his suit jacket.

"What will you be doing while I'm at work?" He asked.

Sliding her diamond studs into her ears she slid her feet into black flats. "My friend and I recently got back into contact with each other. We haven't seen each other in over 20 years, when we were younger her family moved away and now she's back in town so we're having breakfast.

"That sounds good, need any money?" He asked looking over at me as he slid his feet into his shoes.

"No, I got it. I got my first check from my job." I smiled.

"That's good, baby I'm proud of you" Sammi smiled kissing my cheek. "Have a great time I'll see you when I get off."

"Okay." I smiled watching him walk toward his car.

Waving him off I smiled to myself closing the door behind him. I was honestly grateful to have Samuel in my life he's been helping me find and better myself.

Grabbing my purse I grabbed my phone that was ringing inside. "Hey girl." I smiled answering Trina call.

"Hey, I'm at the restaurant where you at?"

"I'm sorry I'm a little behind I'm on my way."

"Alright I'll be here." She said before hanging up.

Grabbing my keys and things I ran out of the house locking the door behind me jogging toward my car. Placing the key into the ignition the car made a noise before finally coming on as I made my way toward the restaurant.

"Oh my goodness hey girl!" Trina squealed as we hugged.

"You look good." I complimented.

"Thank you." She smiled as we sat down across from each other. "So do you."

"Can you believe it it's been so long since we've last saw each other." I said.

"I can't believe it either over twenty years, time flies." Trina shook her head.

"It sure does, we moved like right after you had Braylen. I was so upset we had to move girl I cried for days."

"Yeah, I missed you so much happened. But how you been how's life been for you girl! Girl remember we use to be so sneaky and bad doin all sorts of stuff." I chuckled.

"Girl do I remember  it? We were always into something." She shook her head. "We were so bad. But life has been great I have two kids
I've been married for going on ten years now."

"What!! You're married with kids?"
I smiled. "You use to always says you never wanted kids or married..nobody was ever gonna tie you down."

"Yeah girl, that was before I met the love
Of my of my life Shawn he really opened my eyes we have twins a girl and boy their 15."