{13.}

"What's the matter Ice?" Nia asked sliding her arms around my chest from behind me.

I sat on the edge of the bed with my hands on my head in deep thought. "Nothing ma, just had a dream you can go back to sleep."

Removing from behind me she sat next to me on the bed wrapping her arms around mine. "What's wrong baby? What was the dream about?"

"I don't remember everything. All I remember is I was standing in a pitch black room but like a spot light was shinning down on me and it was a lot of people around me in a circle. Like Ramona, Paco, and a lot of other people in my life, but it was  a guy I could see everything but his face who its like something was blocking his face but in the  everybody was looking at me like they were about to kill me or something."

"I'm sure it's nothing baby." Nia said getting up from the bed walking into the bathroom. "It's just a dream."

The sound of my phone vibrating on the night stand stoped me from over thinking my dream, reaching for my phone  I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Braylen, you up?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Good, I was just calling to make sho you were up, you still coming to church wit me aren't you? And I want you to bring that little girl of yours I wanna meet her and can you pick up Naheem for me please?"

"Okay mama I got you."

"Alright baby, see you at church." She said before hanging up.

After the call I tapped the Instagram app for what I thought was a few minutes turned into thirty minutes as I sat there scrolling through Instagram.

"Baby, what we doin today?" Nia asked walking back into the room with a towel wrapped around her body.

"Going to church." I said still scrolling through videos and pictures.

"Really."She chuckled. "What we doin today? I was thinking maybe we could go shopping."

"I'm serious, mama been asking me to go to church wit her for the longest, I already told her ima come  and she wanna meet you."

"Your mama wants to meet me?" Nia gasped smiling brightly.

"She's not my mama she's my grandma but yeah she wanna meet chu."

"Oh my gosh I'm so nervous now let me find something nice to wear."

"Well while you do that ima hit the shower."

"Okay." She nodded scanning through her closet.

Grabbing my bag I walked into the bathroom turning on the shower removing my basketball shorts before getting in the shower.

•••

My eyes struggled to stay open as  I sat in the pew of the church. I never understood how I could be wide awake until walked in here every time I'd come to church  I get sleepy.

My eyes quickly opened feeling a hot sting on my neck reaching bag I rubbed where the pain was looking at mama as she gave me that same look she use to give when I was younger and I did something wrong.