{19.}

"Yeah mama I just pulled up to her spot now, ima call you back when I leave."

"Okay call me as soon as you step one toe out of her door you hear me?" Mama spoke.

"Aight ma I got you." I chuckled.

Exiting out of the truck I locked the door behind myself making my way up the two flights of stairs.

Like usual I made a beat on the door until I realized I wasn't getting an answer. Glancing out the entrance hallway window her car sat in its usual place.

Pulling my phone from my pocket i scrolled down until I found her name calling and FaceTiming her not getting an answer from either.

My heart raced it wasn't like Brandi not to pick up Aiden or answer any of my calls. I remembered I found a key she had given  me a while ago but lost somewhere in between my seat until the other day.

Letting myself in I locked the door behind me everywhere was dark which wasn't like her at all. Brandi always had some sort of light either blinds open letting the sun in, candles. Never just darkness.

"Brandi, it's me." I announced walking further into the apartment.

Turning on the lights I noticed a trail of blood by the door and more blood leading toward her bedroom door.

With each step the quicker his heart seemed to race, he hadn't remembered the last time he felt so scared as he stood in front of the closed door.

"B." Braylen softly spoke slowly opening the door placing his hand on the light switch.

"Don't turn on the light." She quickly spoke.

Kicking his shoes off he made his way toward her bed sitting on the edge. "Yo B, what's wrong, Mama told me you didn't pick up Aiden yet and I saw all that blood on the floor what's going on?" He asked touching her arm since her back was toward him.

Flinching from his touch Brandi laid in the same place she had right after the incident. The only light that shone came from the moon that shone through cracks of the blinds.

"B, what's wrong? Talk to me I'm here."

Silence filled the room besides the sniffles that came from her. Brandi could feel the rising of the bed meaning Braylen had gotten up. Her eyes burned at the light the blinded her.

Seeing his best friend this way broke his heart walking around the bed toward where she laid his blood began to boil once he laid eyes upon her.

"Who fucking did this!" He yelled from anger, not intentionally trying to scare her.

At that moment he felt like Bruce Banner when  the hulk, or in his case Ice wanted to show. He stared at Brandi as she cried, her right eye black and blue her lip busted and a deep cut which needed stitches over her eye.

"Maurice." Brandi softly spoke above a whisper .

"Maurice! See I knew it was something about that nigga..say less."

"I shot him."

"He dead?"

"No, I only shot him in his shoulder."