Ch. 21

"Jordan?" Brandon called her.

"Yeah?" Jordan didn't bother to look up, she was busy in front of the cashier machine. Brandon nudged her and she was irritated by the gesture. "What, Brand?"

Brandon motioned the front door, Allie was walking towards the front door of the cafe. Damn, it was a month after their last meeting yet her heart pounded because maybe, probably, Gabby was here too.

She didn't talk to Gabby at all since she decided to go and she knew she really needed to move on so she tried so hard to forget everything about her, and her daughter.

"Jordan!" Allie beamed.

Jordan smiled. Although that little girl had made a place in her heart, she knew she needed to make space so she wouldn't get hurt when the day came to an end.

"Hey, Allie." Jordan greeted.

She sat to make the same level as Allie. The little girl pouted which made Jordan giggled.

"What's wrong?" Jordan tucked Allie's hair behind her ear.

She forgot that Allie's school was close to her coffee shop, and judging by the look on Allie, she must be just got off from school.

"You didn't call me a princess anymore." Allie replied.

Jordan's heart sank, she forced a smile. "Right." She smiled. "How was school, princess?"

Allie grinned. "It was great. My teacher complimented me."

"You are smart." Jordan looked into Allie's eyes deeply, and she found a familiar strange feelings on her guts.

"Ally." Yeah, right. Allie's mother.

Jordan stood up, Gabby was at least seven feet apart from her. Jordan nor Gabby didn't know what to do, yes, it was still awkward and suddenly the memories back into their heads.

Jordan shook her head lightly. Then she extended her hand. "Hi, how are you?"

It took Gabby off guard because Jordan acted too formal to her. "I'm good, thank you. How are you?" She shook Jordan's hand gently.

Oh goodness that was so good. She felt the same electricity feelings when she touched Jordan's hand. Judging by the look on Jordan's face, she knew she was shocking too.

"I'm fine, thank you." Jordan let her hand go. "Do you want to come inside?"

"Yes." Gabby nodded.

"I miss you, Jordan." Allie said.

Jordan averted her gaze to Allie, she slightly smiled. "I miss you too, Allie."

Jordan and Allie started to walk to the cafe and Gabby just stood there looking at both of her world, realizing she missed this a lot.

"Don't call me 'Allie', Jordan." Allie pouted.

Jordan chuckled. "Alright, I'm sorry princess."

And that made Gabby smiled.

After the encountered at Jordan's, Gabby didn't feel the same in her house because she knew Jordan was acting too formal to her and Gabby felt Jordan was a bit distant. She didn't let Allie sat on her lap, she didn't feed Allie like she used to do and she avoided eye contact with her.

Gabby didn't know that the pain she caused to Jordan was different when Jordan lost Olivia. Jordan felt like her hope was gone and she didn't have the chance to feel alive again.

"How was your day?" Gabby asked Steve when they had dinner together.

"Not really good, but it's okay. I can handle it." Steve smiled.

Gabby rubbed his arm and smiled. She still didn't let Steve touched her because she didn't trust Steve enough, Steve needed to gain her trust more before he could do what husbands did to their wives.

"Uh, do you have some money?" Steve asked.

Gabby furrowed her brows. "What for?"

"I need to repair my car. I didn't get my salary yet. But I will repay you once I get my salary. I promise." Steve replied.

Gabby was thinking, she would do that but knowing her husband, meh, she doubted it.

"You didn't believe me?" Steve said, his voice changed.

"I-I do." Gabby said.

"Then why don't you lend me some money?" Steve pushed her.

"I was about to before you raise your voice on me." Gabby replied.

"That's because you didn't answer me!" Steve said.

Gabby made a code, Allie was sitting with them. "What's wrong with you? If you had a bad day at work, leave that on the door. Don't bring it in."

Steve irritated. "Do you want to lend me some money or you don't?"

"No!" Gabby said firmly. "It's for Allie's education."

Steve stood up and grabbed Gabby's hair. "Give me some money, you dumb bitch!"

"No! Steve, stop!" Gabby pleaded.

"Shut up!" Steve dragged her from the kitchen to their room.

"Daddy! Stop! Don't hurt mommy!" Allie ran after them.

"You better give me your money or I'll beat the shit out of you!" Steve said angrily.

"What's wrong with you?" Gabby hugged Allie, crying. "You said you've changed!"

Steve hit her on her head, she covered Allie with her body. "Just give me your goddamn money!"

"No!" Another hit. "You lied to me! You said you've changed!"

"Yes, I fucking lied to you!" Steve said in front of Gabby's face. "Because I thought you have enough money and a nice car that's why I want you to go home with me. But it turns out, you're still the same bitch I've always known!"

"Daddy, stop hurting mommy!" Allie cried.

"Shut up, little bitch! You're just like your mommy!" Steve grabbed Gabby's hair and yanked it harshly.

"Stop! Steve, please!" Gabby begged.

"You didn't give me your fucking body to your own husband for almost two months, Gabe! Are you fucking kidding me?!" Steve slapped her cheek. "Or you have another man so you don't need me anymore?! That makes sense! You didn't come home for four months!"

Gabby tried so hard to fight, she heard Allie was crying. She covered her daughter with her body, she felt someone kicked her on her ribs and she breathed heavily.

"Stop, please." She said quietly.

"It's no use to have you back in the house! You fucking wasted my money and my food, you and your fucking daughter!" Steve spatted out.

"She is your daughter, Steve. Don't say that." Gabby felt her mouth filled with blood.

"She is not!" With one last and hardest punched she received, she started to feel like she was about to lose her consciousness.

But she managed to say those simple words in hope to stop the abusing.

"I want a divorce."