Ch. 16

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Allie's voice echoed the house.

Gabby slowly opened her eyes, it was five in the morning. She groaned and felt the bed was bouncing and she saw her daughter was jumping with a huge grin on her face.

"What's up, baby?" Gabby's raspy voice made Allie sat down.

"Today is my first day at school! Come on, wake up!" Allie's excitement voice made Gabby smiled.

"It's still five, baby." Gabby pulled Allie closer. "Your school doesn't start until eight."

"But––"

"No buts." Gabby closed her eyes again because she was still sleepy.

Allie pouted. She slipped out of bed. Gabby furrowed her brows because she didn't feel Allie near her.

"Baby? Where are you going?" Gabby asked.

"Jordan's room." Gabby could imagine Allie was pouting. "You're not cool."

"Excuse me?" Gabby gawked in amusement. "So Jordan is your new favorite person, then? And mommy is your number two?"

Allie stuck her tongue out and Gabby giggle seeing her daughter's behavior. She really was Jordan's daughter for sure. She was so attached to Jordan lately, she knew Allie loved Jordan and she knew Jordan loved Allie too and what she felt inside her was unspeakable, she was so grateful. She wasn't afraid of Allie being so closed to Jordan because she knew both of them had the same effort towards each other.

"What did you do to her?" Jordan asked, opening Gabby's bedroom door.

She stood in the bedroom doorway, carrying Allie who was burying her face on Jordan's neck. Jordan looked like a hot mess, her dirty blonde hair was up in a messy bun and her sleepy face was so adorable.

Gabby giggled, she didn't believe her own daughter really reported their encountered earlier to Jordan. "Nothing."

"Then why is she crying?" Jordan gestured Allie to Gabby.

Gabby stretched her arms and yawned. "She wanted to go to school but it's too early. She is so eager to go, though. I told her school doesn't start until eight yet she is so excited three hours before it starts."

Jordan tried to see Allie's face but the little girl kept hiding her face. Jordan kissed Allie's head. "She is mad with you." Jordan mouthed.

Gabby rolled her eyes. "I know."

Gabby stood up and pecked Jordan's lips then Allie's head. "Good morning."

"Good morning." Jordan replied. "Allie?"

"Morning, Mom." Allie mumbled, Gabby shook her head in amusement.

Then they prepared for their day, Allie's couldn't hold her excitement, Gabby would drop her off to school to fill the registration and stuff. Both Gabby and Jordan chose the closest kindergarten from the coffee shop, Gabby would tell the school that her or Jordan would pick Allie up from school so the school didn't need to worry.

"Bye, princess. Have fun at school!" Jordan said.

"I'm in school to study, Jordan, not playing at the playground." Allie said and it made Gabby, Jordan and Mrs. Copeland laughed.

"That girl is lovely." Mrs. Copeland commented.

"She is." Jordan smiled widely.

"Okay, baby. Let's go." Gabby said. "Bye, J. Goodbye, Mrs. Copeland."

"Bye, darling." Mrs. Copeland replied.

"Drive safe." Jordan said before Gabby was out from the coffee shop.