Ch. 19

Her body stiffened. That was why Gabby acted so different today. This was it. She met her husband, she met her daughter's father. The thought of Gabby being with her husband made her stomach churned, plus, Allie seemed happy when she said she met her father. So, that was good for kid, right?

Jordan decided to make dinner for Allie first before she talked to Gabby. Things needed to be cleared for sure. Regardless her broken hearted when Allie told her something she never thought it was true, she knew it was life after all. Sometimes things didn't go through like what we had dreamed of.

And when she opened the bedroom door, she was more than surprised. The view right in front of her nearly gave her a heart attack. There was Gabby, packing some clothes and her other stuffs.

Jordan choked on her own saliva. She didn't know what was this about. She walked closer, Gabby knew Jordan was in the same room as her but she looked like she didn't care.

"What is this about, Gab?" Jordan found herself asking.

Gabby sniffled, she closed her bag and stood up to see her beautiful 'girlfriend'. "I met Steve today and he asked me to live with him again."

Jordan's shock expression didn't make Gabby changed her cold demeanor. "You kidding me, right?"

"No, I'm serious." Gabby replied.

"But- But why?" Jordan asked. "Why suddenly you changed your mind? What happened?"

"Nothing happened, Jordan." Gabby said firmly. "I just found out a simple truth today."

Jordan raised her brows to ask. Gabby snorted sarcastically. "It's better knowing someone loves you than loving someone who doesn't love you."

"What are you saying?" Jordan asked her confusedly.

"You heard me." Gabby responded coldly.

"Just because I haven't said I love you back doesn't mean I can't love you, Gab." Jordan said. "I love Allie."

"Well yeah, I can accept that if you still can't love me because you still love Olivia but don't you forget that I'm still a wife, J. I'm Steven's wife." Gabby responded.

"So, that's it? You can go back to your abusive husband and just like that? No more us?" Jordan tried so hard to hold her tears.

"Yeah." Gabby had decided.

"If I'm begging you to stay, will you stay?" Jordan asked.

Gabby was looking into Jordan's watery eyes. "I can't. I have a family to take care of. I'm sorry."

"I'm just an experiment for you, huh?" Jordan chuckled pathetically.

"No, Jordan. It's not like that. You know I was wrong from the start and I'm still wrong. I'm a wife yet I'm with you and you know that I love you. That means I cheated on my husband, Jordan." Gabby said. "I just can't do this anymore."

"You just met him today, Gab." Jordan said. "And you have decided to leave me like this? Oh, well. That's right, he is your husband and I'm nothing more than a distraction."

"Jordan, you know it's not true." Gabby argued. "You know I love you. But my life is complicated and I don't want to drag you into it. Besides, I know you haven't fully moved on from Olivia."

Jordan snapped her head. "What?"

Gabby cried again. "You said you love her after you had sex with me."

Jordan's eyes bulged out. "No, I didn't say that."

"You did." Gabby sniffled. "I know it's hard for you to open up with me, and like I said, it's better knowing someone loves you than be with someone who doesn't love you."

"You know I was drunk, Gab. I said something I didn't mean it." Jordan argued.

"A drunk person tells the truth because they aren't brave enough to say it when they are sober." Gabby forced a smile.

Jordan shut her mouth once Gabby was done talking. Gabby finished her packing when Allie came. They were just standing there awkwardly.

"Mom, look!" Allie showed her drawing. "I'm done doing my homework."

"That's good, baby." Gabby lifted Allie up and carried her, she looked at Allie's picture and suddenly she looked at Jordan.

She knew. Gabby thought to herself.

Jordan gave her a sad smile, then she stormed off from the bedroom to go to her own room and took a shower. Today was so exhausting for her, mentally and physically. She heard her bedroom door opened and she knew who was it.

When she was done, she changed into a plain white sweatshirt and a shorts. Gabby was sitting on her bed, waiting for her but she couldn't see her. It was too painful, after the whole time they were together and their memories placed in her heart, it must had come to an end.

"I'm sorry." Gabby said, she had decided. "And thank you for everything you've done for me and my daughter."

Jordan nodded nonchalantly. She couldn't take any hurtful moment in her life again. She was done being nice to someone, she wouldn't do that anymore because they kept taking her for granted.

"You know I didn't have a choice." Gabby added.

"Yeah." Jordan said casually. "You did have but you chose not to take it."

"Excuse me?"

"Divorce him." Jordan stated.

"You know I don't have enough money, Jordan. And it's not easy." Gabby responded.

"I can help you. You're my girlfriend, Gabby." Jordan said annoyingly.

"And I'm still officially his wife, Jordan. And no, I don't want you to help me further. You've helped me enough and I don't want everyone thinks that I'm a gold digger or something." Gabby felt a little bit offended.

"Yeah, thanks for reminding me that I'm just your side chick or something and you're being with me is just another scenario of cheating."

Gabby sighed. "Jordan—"

"It's fine. I know my place." Jordan cut her off. "Tell Allie I love her."

Gabby looked at her 'girlfriend' who gave her cold shoulder. "I love you."

"Save it. I don't want to hear it." Jordan responded. "That's not enough for you to stay."

"What am I supposed to do?!" Gabby raised her voice. "It's too complicated and why don't you understand?! You know my situation, Jordan. See? You said it out loud that my love isn't enough for me to stay because you still fucking love Olivia! I will never have the chance to have your heart because no matter what, she is still there in your fucking heart and in your fucking mind for god knows how long! I start to wonder that you aren't trying to move on."

"You don't know me." Jordan said.

"Yes, I don't know you because you didn't tell me and show me who you are!" Gabby replied. "It's enough. I'm done."

"Okay." Jordan said flatly.

"Great." Gabby chuckled pathetically, she stood up and walked to the door but Jordan's words made her froze.

"If you walk out from that door, I'll make sure you can't walk in into my life ever again."